Work Bench/Table for Shark HD4 Extended Bed

Questions/answers/discussion about initial setup of your CNC Shark

Moderators: sbk, al wolford

Re: Work Bench/Table for Shark HD4 Extended Bed

Postby Kayvon » Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:18 pm

The MDF serves as a spoilboard when he's cutting. If the but plunges a little too deeply into the MDF, it's not a big deal. You can cut through your workpieces and slightly into the MDF with no problem. Zoom in on the photo and imagine how poorly that would go if it were aluminum instead. Also much cheaper to replace than aluminum.

I very interested in your small clamp designs, Sharkcutup. Can you talk a little about how you made them and how you use them? Do they get a lot of use?
Kayvon

Re: Work Bench/Table for Shark HD4 Extended Bed

Postby sharkcutup » Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:04 am

The Router Bit Storage Rack is at the back of the machine outside the cutting surface planed area which in no way interferes with any of the projects I have worked on so far. if by chance I ever
need to use the full length of the table for tiling purposes or the like the storage rack can be easily removed!

The small clamps I made are for small parts which are cutout of small wood scraps mainly. I had made them for a project in which they were needed and have come in handy in other situations since.

My workshop is small and there has been many times where I needed a drill press but do not have the room for one so I have used the CNC Machine manually at times as a drill press along with the clamps holding the parts firmly in place on the CNC table. The clamps are not used very often but are available when needed!

Have a GREAT Day!

Sharkcutup
Shark HD3 Pro Plus Extended Bed with Spindle
Facebook: Hogan's CNC Crafts
sharkcutup

Previous

Return to Setting up the Shark