Work Bench/Table for Shark HD4 Extended Bed

Questions/answers/discussion about initial setup of your CNC Shark

Moderators: al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

pwg

Work Bench/Table for Shark HD4 Extended Bed

Post by pwg »

Hi,

I've just purchased a new Shark HD4 Extended Bed and was wondering what others were putting under their CNC Machines. I had originally planned to buy the CNC Table from Rockler, but it does not come in a size large enough to hold the extended bed. What do people recommend? Should I build a work bench like http://www.ana-white.com/2017/04/DIY_fu ... -workbench or is there a commercial solution I should be looking at?

Thanks,
-Phil

parkanrj

Re: Work Bench/Table for Shark HD4 Extended Bed

Post by parkanrj »

I built a workbench for storage underneath.
Attachments
Shark HD4 Extended Bed
Shark HD4 Extended Bed

pwg

Post by pwg »

Thanks for the picture! This is remarkably close to what I ended up building. I used the design in my previous post but scaled it up to fit the extended bed. I have thus far been very pleased with the results!

Thanks,
-Phil

NL7U

Post by NL7U »

Pix is my Piranha FX on the mdf tabletop that I built on an old radial arm saw base. I have an HD4 on order using NWF’s trade in program.
D29B7294-3DB5-4142-ABE2-6D08C8DD19D0.jpeg

CharliesWoodStuff

Post by CharliesWoodStuff »

I am still awaiting delivery on my HD. Where would you suggest that I build my workbench? I am currently planning on having one side against a wall and only being access to one side. Should I put my table that I am planning to build on wheels?
It is not an extended HD, what is a recommended top size?

sharkcutup

Post by sharkcutup »

For my Shark HD3 Pro Extended bed CNC machine I built a custom shop stand from Rockler and added my own stand table top for the machine. I also added locking wheels to the table for portability and ease in shop cleanup. You can customize a shop stand through various parts through Rockler Customizable Shop Stand Components selections of legs and stretchers.

My shop stand has served my machine well over the years (purchased in March 2016). It is convenient to be able to move the machine when needed for cleaning of workshop. In my workshop I have the machine situated to where I have access to all around (360 degrees) my CNC machine thereby making setups and access easy and convenient. It also makes it easy and convenient for machine maintenance too!!! :D

Have a Great Day!

Sharkcutup
V-Carve Pro Tips, Gadget Tips & Videos
YouTube Channel - Sharkcutup CNC
V-Carve Pro 11.554

WNC_Ed

Post by WNC_Ed »

Hello all this is my first post although I have been lurking for a while.
I did a simple plywood table with a little lumber storage underneath because you never have enough.
So far it has worked out perfectly.
Attachments
Shark Table.JPG
Shark HD4 EB
Maker of Sawdust

Char

Post by Char »

Here is a couple pictures of the table I built for mine. I wired in power under the table to plug everything in.
Attachments
IMG_0202.JPG
IMG_0201.JPG
Be the kind of woman a man fears, fix things, build things and do it right the first time!

sharkcutup

Post by sharkcutup »

Here is a photo (March 2016) of the Rockler Shop Stand I used for my Shark CNC HD3 Pro Extended Bed

I recently added a Router bit storage rack at the back end of the table for ease of use and convenience. I have made and added two small parts clamps also.
20160322_164540.jpg
router bit rack 1.jpg
small parts clamps.jpg
Sharkcutup
V-Carve Pro Tips, Gadget Tips & Videos
YouTube Channel - Sharkcutup CNC
V-Carve Pro 11.554

amerifax

Post by amerifax »

sharkcutup wrote:Here is a photo (March 2016) of the Rockler Shop Stand I used for my Shark CNC HD3 Pro Extended Bed

I recently added a Router bit storage rack at the back end of the table for ease of use and convenience. I have made and added two small parts clamps also.

Sharkcutup
My framework for the table is very much like you have done. I'm curious to why you added the MBF on top of your aluminum table. I'm sure you had a good reason and probably something I have overlooked. Also the bit holder is a very good idea but doesn't it interfere with your extended table layout. I'm just about through with my table and have never turned on the CNC yet. And I'm looking for any good ideas I can find. Your layout seems to be a good bet to me.
Bob