Time to process .tap

Questions/answers/discussion about initial setup of your CNC Shark

Moderators: al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

Jacduck

Time to process .tap

Post by Jacduck »

I am just learning my HD4 and have run into a problem I know not how to solve. Vectra tells me a file should run in 1hr 33 minutes. HD4 took 5 hrs 15 mins. I know it is a setting that I cannot find but can anyone solve this for me please. Not just one file, so far all I have tried on my own do the same thing of multiplying Vectra DT estimate by at least X 5
John C up in MI aka jacduck before the internet

tonydude

Re: Time to process .tap

Post by tonydude »

This picture shows you what to adjust to get a pretty close idea how long it's going to take to carve. By changing the scale factor to a higher number to get as close as the project took. Yours took over 5 hrs, so what you would do is change the scale number to a higher amount till the times match up. So next time you run a project you will know pretty close what's it gonna be. Check out all the great tutorials on vectric http://support.vectric.com/training-material I still look at them and still learning even after 6 yrs of doing my cnc machine.

Tony
Attachments
times.JPG
Buffalo,NY

"What will matter is not what you bought but what you built; not what you got, but what you gave”

Aspire 11.015, photo vcarve, cnc mako shark extended bed with the new upgraded HD 5 gantry with Led pendent.

Jacduck

Post by Jacduck »

Thanks Tony for a quick answer the original setting was 2 and I thought maybe 1 would be closer but I will now have an idea of how to get closer. I am doing the tutorials sometimes twice to dig deeper. I would be better if my great-grandkids lived closer and would come over and teach me to be better at tech.
John C up in MI aka jacduck before the internet

NL7U

Post by NL7U »

Tonydude: Where do I find this "scale factor"? I am using Vcarve Desktop. I also find the project times out of whack with reality. Thanks.