Router will not auto start with program

Questions/answers/discussion about initial setup of your CNC Shark

Moderators: al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

Davisric

Router will not auto start with program

Post by Davisric »

Just got a new HD4 with a DeWalt DW618 router. When I run a program the the router will not auto start. I've plugged a light into the outlet for the router and it works fine. Any ideas of what could causing

donosborne

Re: Router will not auto start with program

Post by donosborne »

I had the same problem when I set mine up several years ago. I had my controller plugged into a computer battery back (APC) to prevent a shut down in the event of power loss. Well after testing I found that the battery backup will not provide enough amps to spin up the router and the system would shut down. I plugged into a surge protector and all is well. My Bosch router needs extra amps for startup. Most powerful routers need the same.

ruchikadmore

Post by ruchikadmore »

I am facing the same problem! Thank you.

tonydude

Post by tonydude »

Router Not Auto Powering up
Some routers have new built in safety feature, voltage sense technology, that sometimes won't
detect enough start voltage to correctly initiate the router on/off mechanism. Your router fails to
start, but it works fine in a regular outlet.
An easy way to test this is to plug a power strip into the controller and put in something like a small
light. If the light comes on when running the program the controller switch is working.
If this works, you can try using a power strip that has a built in lighted switch or add a small night
light plugged into the power strip. This is usually enough power draw for the Router switch to sense
it and power the router correctly.
If it still isn't working, make sure you have the newest CNC Shark post processor which contains the
power on / off command.
If you continue to have an issue email support@nextwaveautomation.com to get it resolved.
Buffalo,NY

"What will matter is not what you bought but what you built; not what you got, but what you gave”

Aspire 11.015, photo vcarve, cnc mako shark extended bed with the new upgraded HD 5 gantry with Led pendent.