USB connect issues withe cnc shark

Questions/answers/discussion about initial setup of your CNC Shark

Moderators: al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

cnc novice

USB connect issues withe cnc shark

Post by cnc novice »

I have had my shark for two years it is an HD extended bed. I have gone through the design process as always, open the control panel, run the virtual zero. click run file it loads, gets to the point where it says run job or ok to start. does not start
bottom l says check usb or power to shark. I have tried two usb cables. Still getting the same answer.

Any ideas

Rando

Re: USB connect issues withe cnc shark

Post by Rando »

Howdy, Novice!

Sorry you're having issues. I'm starting to hear more and more about this USB-disconnecting thing, and I think I've been experiencing it as well.

Can you tell me this: At what point in that sequence does the router start running? Not when it the switch turned on, but when does it actually start turning?
Can you correlate that with the disconnect?

I'm starting to suspect we're seeing an issue where noise from the router motor is interfering with the USB communications with the PC.

Why? Because in the cases where it's done it for me, any time the spindle case ground is connected to controller box (which you'd kinda expect, for safety
reasons), when that spindle starts turning, even if the VFD was always on but not turning the motor, when that spindle starts, the USB connection dies. If
they start okay, sometimes the system will continue running the program, but the control panel software will believe that it never finishes, and it gets
no information back.

It almost seems like a change occurred in a driver somewhere; too many people are reporting the issue.

Is your computer running Windows....10? 7? 8? 95?

Okay...that's all my thinking on the subject for now...we'll get to the bottom of this.

Cheers!

Thom

It seems to fit
=====================================================
ThomR.com Creative tools and photographic art
A proud member of the Pacific Northwest CNC Club (now on Facebook)