Controlling with Laptop

Questions/answers/discussion about initial setup of your CNC Shark

Moderators: al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

jeffhcarter

Controlling with Laptop

Post by jeffhcarter »

Hello, My Shark HD4 pendant broke and I am getting it fixed. In the meantime I am tryin to use my laptop to control the CNC but it does not seem to recognize the USB. I open the Control Panel up and click the connect button but nothing happens. Any ideas. I am using windows 10 which I am not too familiar with. It is very frustrating :(

SteveM

Re: Controlling with Laptop

Post by SteveM »

When I had my HD4, is was under the impression it could run by a computer but the machine was designed to run on the pendant only.
I never got my machine to run with the pc.
Sorry for not being able to help.

I would suggest calling Next Wave for help

tonydude

Post by tonydude »

Check this out http://shop.nextwaveautomation.com/shop ... x?recid=26 you can download the control panel.

Tony
Buffalo,NY

"What will matter is not what you bought but what you built; not what you got, but what you gave”

Aspire 11.015, photo vcarve, cnc mako shark extended bed with the new upgraded HD 5 gantry with Led pendent.

jeb2cav
Site Admin

Post by jeb2cav »

A couple of things I have learned to date about the HD4 hardware/Shark Control Box - you have to be running Windows 10, and even then there is no Shark Control Panel (that I am aware of) that will actually enable you to run a cutting job. As a long time user of Sharks, this has been pretty frustrating for me. I could never get the USB to recognize this control box with older operating systems, despite all of the different steps outlined on the support portal.

CharliesWoodStuff

Post by CharliesWoodStuff »

I'm new to cnc and thinking about getting a shark. My current cnc machine is controlled by running the ugs sender on my laptop.

Am I correct in that the shark cannot be controlled this way?

Am I restricted to the pendant?

Thank you!

SteveM

Post by SteveM »

When I had my HD4, I was told by Nextwave the pendant is the only way to run the machine. There may be others here that have a different opinion.

Wayney

Post by Wayney »

I can run my HD4 from my PC I just chose to use the pendant because of the simplicity.