Touch Plate Quit working

Questions/answers/discussion about initial setup of your CNC Shark

Moderators: al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

tradewinds

Touch Plate Quit working

Post by tradewinds »

Running a CNC Shark 2.0

In the middle of a job, after a bit change the touch plate quit working. The machine attempts to push the bit through the touch pad when I ask it to detect the touch pad.
I have ensured that plugs on both the touch plate and controller are firmly in place. I have also power cycled the controller and the laptop, tired a different bit, reregistered the devices and software and d/l the latest version of software. I also attempted to detect the touch plate while I had it raised off the bed of the shark.

I have opened a ticket to NextWave Automation, but was hoping someone here may have an answer.

tradewinds

Re: Touch Plate Quit working

Post by tradewinds »

Russ from NextWave got back to me and said the cable wire might have broke a connection. He suggested using a volt/ohm meter to see if it had continuity, which it did not. Upon closer inspection I did see where the wire had a break in it. I spliced it back together and it is working again. :)

Kayvon

Re: Touch Plate Quit working

Post by Kayvon »

Glad you got it working.

For anyone with a touchplate, it's a good idea to test the touchplate before each use by touching it against the bit and confirming the software sees the connection.