no output to machine

Questions/answers/discussion about initial setup of your CNC Shark

Moderators: al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

Paul Walgren

no output to machine

Post by Paul Walgren »

I have set up a tool path in Vectric Pro 6 calculated and saved it. Picked the post processor and can't get any further. The output direct to machine is not active and I have no idea where to go. ANY IDEAS?

tonydude

Re: no output to machine

Post by tonydude »

You do not use The output direct to machine because the shark doesn't use that function. What model shark do you have?

Tony
Buffalo,NY

"What will matter is not what you bought but what you built; not what you got, but what you gave”

Aspire 11.015, photo vcarve, cnc mako shark extended bed with the new upgraded HD 5 gantry with Led pendent.

VBWoodworker

Post by VBWoodworker »

I didn't want to hijack this thread until I saw the date one it. I have the same problem.

Background:
Had VCarve in the house computer, once project was drawn up and converted to TAP file I uploaded the TAP files to a thumb drive and took out to work shop. Plugged it into the laptop that had the Control Panel 1.6 and used the laptop and machine to make the projects. I have the OG Shark (White Plastic version)

Fast forward to this week...I got a new computer in the house and moved the old house computer into the shop. Tried to transfer the Control Panel operating files over but now it will not recognize the Controller is plugged into the USB.

Not sure what other info I need. The New Wave website no longer has that control program listed as a download.

Any help would be appreciated.

Eric VB
Eric
Virginia Beach, VA

cromag27

Post by cromag27 »

like with most other programs, you can’t just move the files to a new computer. you have to run the installer file and then register cp on the new computer.

looking at the download page, i’m not sure if they want you to use ready2control now? there is an email address listed.

VBWoodworker

Post by VBWoodworker »

Thank you!

I sent an email to the address and their reply is that the install driver does not transfer over. They sent another link that downloaded everything needed and a process to re-register.

Thanks for the help,

Eric VB
Eric
Virginia Beach, VA

cromag27

Post by cromag27 »

no problem!