Control program

Discussion specifically about the Shark's bigger brother, the CNC Shark Pro

Moderators: al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

kalimero

Control program

Post by kalimero »

I have old shark pro mashine with parallel port (no usb), can I use Basic Panel or must use mash3?? 1. Owner use mash3 but I need only for basic engraving.

Thanks

jeb2cav
Site Admin

Re: Control program

Post by jeb2cav »

I would contact Next Wave Automation support directly and ask this question. It'd be great if you can post the solution once you get it for those in the future who may end up in your situation.

Good luck.

kalimero

Post by kalimero »

I send to Tim 2 massage and call next wave more then week ago and stll waiting for them?????

But order new ncpod board for $50 ( not directly).

rungemach

Post by rungemach »

If your machine is complete with a pc running Mach3, and is currently working, you may be best off staying with Mach3.
Mach3 is very well supported on the internet and from the author, and should be supported by NWA as they once sold it.
Mach3 has more features and a more complete (and complex) interface.
I have had zero problems with Mach3 and have been using it when it was Mach2.

You may also find that post-processors are more readily available for mach 3 than for the "Shark version" of NCpos firmware.
(if you want to use more specialized engraving software)

It seems that the shark is becoming more "closed system" and proprietary, and there always seem to be NCpod issues popping up.
The new software registration is the latest thing now, and you may also need to find out if NWA will allow you to "register" your NCpod with them to get the latest firmware etc.

As Jeb2cav has said, please keep the group informed as to when you hear anything from NWA and how it works out or you.
They are supposed to have a full time support person, and a reply should not take that long.

Tim Owens

Post by Tim Owens »

I am not certain about what email address you have emailed to.
We respond to email requests the same day if they come in during normal business hours.
You can email to Support@nextwaveautomation.com or call at 419 491-4520 M-F. You can also email me if you have a question at towens@nextwaveautomation.com
We do have retro fits for older machines. You have a couple of choices of sending in your current controller for a rebuild or just having the USB interface that you can connect up to our existing system.
I would caution anyone to just picking up an older ncpod and assuming it will work with our software.
They are quite a few versions out there that have modifications for the different applications.
If anyone has an Older NCPOD interface board we should be able to reconfigure it to work with our systems. The Pod would need to be sent in and reprogrammed to work (there would be a cost). We have not done that before so we would have to see the NCPOD board to confirm.
Thanks
Tim