XYZ axis all mixed up

Discussion specifically about the Shark's bigger brother, the CNC Shark Pro

Moderators: al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

MisterDanis

XYZ axis all mixed up

Post by MisterDanis »

CNC jogs in all directions but i think theyre all goin in the wrong direction, correct me if im wrong x moves horizontal, y moves vertical, z moves up/down lookin at front of cnc, forgive me but im totally new to this and hadnt made any carving yet

saramos

Re: XYZ axis all mixed up

Post by saramos »

Hi MisterDanis,

The three axis are as follows,
You are right, Z is up and down. The Y axis is front to back. The whole gantry moves along the Y axis. The X axis is from side to side. The carrage that the router and Z mount to move across the table. One thing to note is that the VCarve program shows you the perspective of looking straight down at the table with the X axis side to side, and the Y axis from top to bottom.

Hope this helps.

Scott

SPH01

Post by SPH01 »

From the Router side of the table. X- will be to the left looking at the router, X+ will be to the right. Y- will bring the router closer to you and Y+ will move it away from you. Z- Down to cut, Z+ up out of the way.

MisterDanis

Post by MisterDanis »

thank all for your replys, my solution was to switch xyz cables around, example- x to y, y to z, z to x, but it works for me every thing is where it should be axis wise