Z axis won't move

Discussion specifically about the Shark's bigger brother, the CNC Shark Pro

Moderators: al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

cwfreitas

Z axis won't move

Post by cwfreitas »

the z axis stopped working. I check the connections and everything is connected it stopped moving up and down.

jeb2cav
Site Admin

Re: Z axis won't move

Post by jeb2cav »

Do you hear sound from the motor with the Z axis engaged? If so, have you checked the motor spindle set screws - they may be loose and so the lead screw is not moving.

Does it move if you plug the Z cable into either the X or Y output? If you turn the Control Box off and then listen by the Z motor and turn the Control Box on, do you hear the motor engage?

martin graphics

Post by martin graphics »

My Shark Pro is doing the same thing. So I hooked the Z axis motor to the X connection & then the Y connection and it seemed to work fine. Does this mean there is a problem in my control box?

Thanks,
Bob Martin

jeb2cav
Site Admin

Post by jeb2cav »

Hi Bob,

It does sound like a control box problem. I'd try the X or Y cable in that Z output, and if no movement, the next step would be a call to NWA support.

martin graphics

Tried the X motor in the Z connector. It ran but seemed to hang up every once in a while. Thanks for your help.

Bob Martin

martin graphics

Sent overnight to the boys @ next wave. They replaced the x,y,z board shipped back to me with a retro fit (grounding wires) and I am back up & running. They were great. Thanks to Tim & his crew.

Bob Martin
Martin Graphics

xclimberx

Post by xclimberx »

Bob,
What do you mean with a retro-fit (grounding wires)? I have a 4 pin plug on all my wires. similar to the power connector on a hard drive for a computer.

Is there something that they did that is different than the 4 wires? I'm asking as I am experiencing something strange and am wondering if it is electrical.

Rich
Rich
Aspire 3.5, VCarve 5.5, Nextwave Shark Pro

martin graphics

They sent me separate ground wires to attach to each motor.

Hope this fixes the problem that I have been having.

Bob Martin