router

Discussion specifically about the Shark's bigger brother, the CNC Shark Pro

Moderators: al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

copperhead4321

router

Post by copperhead4321 »

Has anyone out there modified their shark pro with a bigger router? I know the colt router is small and will only use a 1/4"max. shank bit but I was thinking to modify the holder to use a slightly larger router, something that would hold maybe a 3/8" or 1/2" shank bit anyone done this or would this be to much for the shark pro??? thanks for any input.

jbedre

Re: router

Post by jbedre »

I dont have any suggestions- but I too want to use a larger router motor. 1/4" shank bits are a real limitation. A porter cable 690 motor would be really nice to use in the Shark. Tim? Too heavy?

copperhead4321

Re: router

Post by copperhead4321 »

I remade my router plate out of 6061 alum. which helped alot on the rigidity, the plastic one broke. The hole size for the colt was 2.780 so i would like to find another router capable of a larger shank size than a 1/4" I would also like to have the prints for the shark pro if they are not propietary and don't cost much if anyone would know where to get them? Iwould like also to replace the plastic components which would make the machine much more ridgid and better able to take larger cuts but I'm bot sure if the 1/2" lead screws would hold up??