Dodgy `Y` axis The continuing saga

Discussion specifically about the Shark's bigger brother, the CNC Shark Pro

Moderators: al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

jcatcmc

Dodgy `Y` axis The continuing saga

Post by jcatcmc »

Hello again, Continuing on from my previous posting regards my `Y` axis drive problems I had a couple of good days out of it then the motor started locking up in the high speed parts of the toolpath ( lucky only trial runs this time) had the bare motor out on the bench less the screw and it would only go for a few seconds without binding up in med. and high speeds,turns out the motor was pole-ing. This could have been a result of the bent shaft but I doubt it. As a fix I turned the shaft end bearing cap 180 degrees, 5 minuits of high speed traverses tells me I might have fixed it. I have noticed on remounting the motor it needs shimming on the RHS about 0.6 mm. ( Got my doubts on this plastic frame material , if the outside of the base material curves up much more its going to foul the carriage. As a footnote, I can`t say I share Wolffie`s enthusiasm for our State dealer but sadly I don`t.
Regards, to all , jcatcmc

wolffie

Re: Dodgy `Y` axis The continuing saga

Post by wolffie »

I am sorry to hear you still have problems.
Are you using the Bosch router?
I have seen many people complaining about it.
I have never used mine.
I bought a 1/2", adjustable speed right away and made a new bracket for it.
I wouldn't say I have any enthusiasm for the the dealer (guess you are in Queensland) but we have a mutual respect for each other and he knows where I stand.
I am firm but never rude, I don't wish to shoot the messenger.
Either it gets fixed or it goes back.
Unfortunately the same cannot be said about the manufacturer.
Apparently consumer laws are not as strong in the States as they are here so, unless they get the OK from the manufacturer, they are left holding the baby.
Then there are time and distance restraints as well and some other things I cannot mention here, because I would be shot down in flames.
I don't know whether you read my post about my router being 3 degrees out of the perpendicular and how I fixed it.
So far mine has been working well since I got the new box and it is only 0.09 degrees out.
Cheers
Wolffie
I am never going to die, I live in Paradise already

jcatcmc

Re: Dodgy `Y` axis The continuing saga

Post by jcatcmc »

Hello Wolffie, Working on a post regards the router , next day or so. Have seen your return post on the Vectric forum, will respond soon. jcatcmc