lost my x axis

Discussion specifically about the Shark's bigger brother, the CNC Shark Pro

Moderators: al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

stephenb79

lost my x axis

Post by stephenb79 »

One day I'm cutting fine and the next day I try to find center on my work piece and then I realize my x axis no longer works! Anyone eles have this problem yet? Haven't even had the pro for a year. HELP!

Tim Owens

Re: lost my x axis

Post by Tim Owens »

If the unit is powered and you can turn the leadscrew by hand then it is a driver issue which needs to be sent back for repair.
If the leadscrew locks then it might be a wiring harness issue that might be able to be fixed by yourself without sending it back (for white units only).
Please contact next wave automation if you have to send it back.

stephenb79

Post by stephenb79 »

thank you for the response, I talked with tim and he said the same also. I will be sending it asap.

Consultingwoodworker

Post by Consultingwoodworker »

Just for information's sake, be sure to check the coupler between the motor and the drive screw.

At one time, the motor was running, but no Z- movement. Turns out, the set screw in the coupler had come loose. I re-tightened the set screw, and the problem was solved.

Ralph

stephenb79

Post by stephenb79 »

So a follow up from this post 60 years ago... I went back and removed all wiring harnesses for each axis. I then soldered directly to the board(steady hand required). I can honestly say the old Shark pro is dependable now.