Rotary Indexer

Discussion specifically about the Shark's bigger brother, the CNC Shark Pro

Moderators: al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

mgdesigns

Re: Rotary Indexer

Post by mgdesigns »

Do you have the specs and pictures of the 4-axis Shark Pro System, yet?

Tim Owens

Post by Tim Owens »

We are launching the HD version of the shark next month then we will look at getting the Rotay going.
We have a conversion kit for a small lathe and some electronics to make it work with our controller.
you can machine 25 inches at a time on this version.
This is a picture of it at the July Show in Vegas
Rotary Axis at Vegas Show
Rotary Axis at Vegas Show

ffloyd

Post by ffloyd »

This has merit for little things -- and could be good for pen making. The bulk of the add-on is a one of the small mini-lathes (ex Jet 1014) along with a stepper motor to rotate the work piece on its axis. This could be a bit pricey. Any idea of the projected price range for the upgrade to a Shark Pro Plus?
Fred
Shark HD520, JTech Laser, 4thAxis
Aspire v11.5

lanceputnam

Post by lanceputnam »

Wow looks great. I want one. Now someone needs to get on the horn with KentCNC and get them cranking out a collector shoe for It! That would be impressive!

Jack

Post by Jack »

Tim,
Hope that you come trough soon as I am looking at a legacy CNC that will have 5 axes. I love my Shark Pro Plus but I have been waiting a long time for this whhhaaatupp??

Tim Owens

Post by Tim Owens »

We have just finished updating the current manual and current controller to version 1.5.0.22. We are now actively working on the 4th axis system and other add ons. That is our current focus for this quarter.