Shark Pro stops unexpectedly

Discussion specifically about the Shark's bigger brother, the CNC Shark Pro

Moderators: al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

goyousalukis

Shark Pro stops unexpectedly

Post by goyousalukis »

Hello, I have the Shark Pro. I bought it about a year ago and used it for about 6 months with good results. I moved in June and just now got it set up again. It seems to work fine, except it stops moving in the middle of my G-code. This is the same file that worked great previously with the same computer. I have tried starting the file several times, but it stops in the same place every time. I looked at the G-code in notepad, and don't see anything strange. I updated to the new control panel, but that didn't help. When the software gets to the point in the g-code, it stops moving and goes back to the front of the code, so I don't know exactly where it stops. As far as I can tell, it crashes around line 1117, but it goes by so fast, I can't tell, even with a slow FRO setting. There are over 8000 lines and the control panel loads and displays all of them. There are no errors or anything else. I'll attach the TAP file in case anyone can help.

Thanks,
Justin

goyousalukis

Re: Shark Pro stops unexpectedly

Post by goyousalukis »

Well, I tried to upload thre tap file, but got nowhere. I tried renaming it .pdf, .txt. etc... but had no luck. I would be happy to email to anyone who is willing to take a look at it.

Tim Owens

Post by Tim Owens »

I would suspect you have a bad SD card.
I would put in another 1 or 2 gig card and see if that fixes your issue.

Tim

goyousalukis

Post by goyousalukis »

Ok, I will give that a shot. Thanks for the reply.

goyousalukis

Post by goyousalukis »

Does it have to be a 1 or 2 gig? I found a 4 gig from a camera I have.

buckjr

Post by buckjr »

Hi,
I've had that problem also. SD Card seem to have solved it. Don't go any larger than 2GB. 1GB if you can find them. Online is best way to buy those. Any larger I found that it ran hard and slow. By the way I'm surfing the forum for this very same issue once again. If we have to locate for life, 1 and 2 GB SD cards, we're going to have problems when they stop making 1 and 2GB. I can't get them easy. If you resolved your problem please let everyone know. This issue is a real ongoing pain in the confidence that I want to have with this great tool. Thank you, Steve