G code acting strange

Discussion specifically about the Shark's bigger brother, the CNC Shark Pro

Moderators: al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

Platterivershark

G code acting strange

Post by Platterivershark »

I have been running my Shark Pro for over a year now without any problems. Today I was trying to replicate a simple 9" arch profile for the top of a quilt rack. Toolpath preview looked fine. Downloaded toolpath and set up piece to cut. I always like to run a test cut prior to setting the bit down at 0. When I ran the g code the bit moved to the right side of the piece and started to move in an arch then made a ninety degree left turn. Stopped the code and told it to return to z zero. Missed on the y axis by about 2". Strange, so I reloaded and reloaded and finally it made a proper cut. Loaded next piece and now we are at the same problem. Went back and recomputed the toolpath, downloaded it and still the same thing. G code looks okay but it is not reading it properly.

Any one have a clue??

Thanks from the only deep water port on the Platte River in Nebraska. Home of the Nebraska Navy.
Dave

Platterivershark

Re: G code acting strange

Post by Platterivershark »

This morning after reading some of the posts, I purchased a new 2gig SD card. Installed and tried to run the tool path again. Still errors. Then I thought about the new downloads (bad thought). I did it anyway.
It erred and now I have no control panel at all.
Where do I start to unravel this mess I have gotten myself into?

BTW I tried some other tool paths last night and the are off also. A couple simple pockets for some tennons are off by more than an inch. It just doesn't seem to be reading something correctly.
Help please

The deep water port is full of sharks but not the ones we like. Christmas orders are staring me in the calendar!

Thanks
Dave

acxsasx

Re: G code acting strange

Post by acxsasx »

Dave,

You find any solution to your problem? I don't have the kind of issues you are having but did have a hiccup of the z axis going down too far for a couple of passes and then returning to normal. I have like 17k+ lines of Gcode so not sure how to even begin to trouble shoot the issue.

Adam