loading g file

Discussion specifically about the Shark's bigger brother, the CNC Shark Pro

Moderators: al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

memephyl

loading g file

Post by memephyl »

When I try to load my file into the shark - I get a bad first line character. What am I doing wrong when I set up the file in VCarve Pro ? :?:

Wolffie1

Re: loading g file

Post by Wolffie1 »

If you open up the file in notepad
you will see 2 lines with the size of the bit.
There are 2 ( ) on either side of the bit size.
Delete one on either side, save the file and you will be fine.
Then, on your tool list, delete the ( ) around the bit size on the top line and it won't happen again.
The Shark does not like double brackets.
Cheers
Wolffie

4DThinker

Post by 4DThinker »

If what Wollfie suggested doesn't help, then double check to make sure you are using the right post processor in VCarve.

memephyl

Post by memephyl »

Thank you both for your help. It seems that I was/did not realize that I needed to save my toolpath to file. Once I did that, I now can pull over to Shark with no problem. I am brand new at all of this, so it is taking me some time to use it. What I really need is a basic listing of each step to take, which I have finally accomplished except that I cannot seem to make the router go as deep as I would like.

tonydude

Post by tonydude »

Do you mean the depth of cut or the router not going down far enough? Also watch the tutorials that are on the disc and also. http://support.vectric.com/training-material

Tony
Buffalo,NY

"What will matter is not what you bought but what you built; not what you got, but what you gave”

Aspire 11.015, photo vcarve, cnc mako shark extended bed with the new upgraded HD 5 gantry with Led pendent.

4DThinker

Post by 4DThinker »

If the router won't bring the bit down to touch the table top, you may have it mounted to high in the clamp, or the gantry mounted on the top set of holes.