Latest versions of CNC Shark Software Stop

Discussion specifically about the Shark's bigger brother, the CNC Shark Pro

Moderators: al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

wildseyed

Latest versions of CNC Shark Software Stop

Post by wildseyed »

I have been running my Shark Pro out on the patio, from a PC on the other side of the wall that has version 23d. Everything worked fine, but it got to be a hassle going back and forth to check things.

I finally got around to adding a dedicated PC out there, and I installed the latest 23i, but the jobs quit at around line 100 (on one job it's line 90, on another 125). I tried 23d, and the problem persists, so it's probably not the software, unless there is something from 23i that does not get removed, like maybe the USB driver.

At this point, I can only speculate as to the cause:

1. Bad G-Code that doesn't get handled correctly (would be the USB driver since 23d works on the other PC)
2. Some kind of noise interference in the Npod board, causing the e-stop signal to trigger (I'm pretty sure there is an e-stop, even though the CNC Shark Pro does not have a button for estop)
3. Some other software on the PC conflicts (I have a mill and lathe that run Mach3, over parallel, not that I think this is a problem)
4. 23i USB driver has the bug, and did not get removed when I downgraded to 23d. I'll check this out later today, and see about blowing away the USB driver completely.

If anyone has had this symptom, please chime in.