Buying Vector Art

Discussion specifically about the Shark's bigger brother, the CNC Shark Pro

Moderators: al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

lazym

Re: Buying Vector Art

Post by lazym »

i am reading your replys. For some reason I can't attach any files to my messages. Something wrong with my computer, I guess. Still haven't been able to do anything except v-carve letters. Wasted a lot of wood and that is digging into my budget. will keep poking along. Thanks for your replys

jeb2cav
Site Admin

Post by jeb2cav »

Hi Wayne,

Attachments for this forum can be a struggle - there is a 500kb file size limit, and a wide variety of files are not allowed to be posted. I tried to private message you, but you have that disabled on your user account (no problem, but if you want, PM me and I'll send you an email address to send the crv file you are using).

That being said, did you download either of the crv files posted and look at and/or try the one where the lettering is set to different height? In either case, thanks for responding and good luck.

Dwayne125

Post by Dwayne125 »

Wayne
In my opinion I would think it best if you use the help section of your v-carve software. There should be verry informative tutorials on text carving, including raised prism. Also in depth detail on pocket carving, and all the other tool path types. If you are running version 5.5, put in your install disk. Once open u should see a link for the software tutorials. Most are PDF videos I think. What I do is run them while I have vcpro open and practice the methods in the tutorial on a project of my own. Pause the video, switch to vcpro, try that part of the tutorial im on, untill I get it right. Go back to the video and repete. Soon you will be making projects you never though possible on your own. I hope this helps.

Happy Holidays to all
Dwayne :mrgreen:

peg_legs

Post by peg_legs »

Hi Wayne,

Thought I would add my 1.5 cents worth into the mix. What I get / got from your post is that you
want a box carved 3" x 3" on the left, text in the center and a box 3"x3" on the right. If this is what
you are after you can do it! I didn't read anything about loading your G code you reset your "Z0"?
If you didn't do this you have made the same mistake I have made too many times. So, you should
have 2 sets of code one for your text and one for your boxes. As long as you have the same "start"
point for each of them you routing should be fine. Hope I helped some! Good luck and keep us posted!!

Mike
(peg_legs)