Deal or no deal

Discussion specifically about the Shark's bigger brother, the CNC Shark Pro

Moderators: al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

wdc39

Deal or no deal

Post by wdc39 »

I have an opportunity to buy a Shark Pro complete with Gateway laptop, Bosch router and some bits and clamps for $1600. I'm not sure how old this Pro is. It's the white finished one. The guy says he has done about 25 projects on it. What should I keep an eye out for on a used router? What other questions should I ask him about it? Or, at that price, should I just walk quickly away from this? Been looking at new ones and researching a lot. I just don't know if I need the debt a new one would bring on right now. Any advice out there? Take the plunge or keep looking?

wdc39

Re: Deal or no deal

Post by wdc39 »

This unit also included the $90.00 dust shield.

carboncharlie

Post by carboncharlie »

Are you going to buy it I'm looking for a used Shark Pro

GARYR6

Post by GARYR6 »

The white sharks were are pretty good machines. They suffered from a slight sag and flex in the middle of the table (so do some of the new ones) but that can be leaved out by surfacing the sacrifice board.
If the brushes are good on the router (cheap fix $20) then in all likelihood you are good to go. For the money make sure the software V-Carve Pro goes with it. You might want to update the license ($50). They are not top of the line machines, don''t get me wrong. You will not be going into production but for a small garage machine for signs and such, it an't bad.
My white shark not only paid for its self ($3000 worth) but taught me a lot about CNC world where I now own a much more expensive machine but still having fun with the whole thing.
Make him an offer, you never know........ and welcome to the dust makers and heart breakers.