Locating a Shark Pro User

Discussion specifically about the Shark's bigger brother, the CNC Shark Pro

Moderators: al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

bking807

Locating a Shark Pro User

Post by bking807 »

I would like to contact a Shark Pro user in either in the Shreveport, LA area or the Mountain Home,AR area to possibly see a unit in action before making a decision to buy. If anyone can help me locate a user directory, please contact me via email at bking@kingstel.com or reply to this list. I am trying to decide between the Shark Pro, a Carvewright, or a small Shopbot. I think the Shark is winning, but seeing one would be nice. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Platterivershark

Re: Locating a Shark Pro User

Post by Platterivershark »

Try finding a local Rockler store. I have seen the Shark (not the Shark Pro) being demonstrated in some of the retail stores. The shark works like the Pro, just more table area on the Pro.
Have you watched the youtube videos? I bought a Shark Pro a year ago and would recommend it for a serious hobby or small shop machine. I have had questions and lost a power supply once. These were resolved very much to my satisfaction. I was a total novice when I purchased my Shark Pro. My computer background made the learning curve feel not quite as steep, but do expect to add to your wood stove fuel supply from time to time.

bking807

Post by bking807 »

Thanks for your comments. I don't have a Rockler store within a couple of hundred miles of me. It's looking like I'm either going with the Shark Pro or the Shopbot Buddy or the new (yet to be released Shopbot Tyro). I was told that Next Wave will be releasing a new product soon, but I don't have any information about it. The V-Pro software will work with either and it seems to be a straight forward product. As far as burning my mistakes, my shop gets pretty cold so I'll enjoy the warmth! :)

Teir

Post by Teir »

BBking807,

I have a Pro...and I am in Ruston....

Send me an IM...

Teir

bking807

Post by bking807 »

Teir wrote:BBking807,

I have a Pro...and I am in Ruston....

Send me an IM...

Teir

Teir,
Not sure how to IM to you. I'm new to this forum. Please call me at 318-458-1271 or email your telephone number to me at bking@kingstel.com.
Thanks,
Bob