Anyone who has a pro willing to phone call me?

Discussion specifically about the Shark's bigger brother, the CNC Shark Pro

Moderators: al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

Barguy

Anyone who has a pro willing to phone call me?

Post by Barguy »

Hi,

I have been messing with this shark pro for about 4 days and just cant figure it out. I have not cut one thing yet, and have been unable to complete, not one of the tutorials.

I have succesfully drilled 3 holes in the table top.

Me and 2 other guys have tried to set it up and have been unable, so I think we all agree that the directions are terrible. The videos available are good but don't address any of the real issues were having. We feel like the solutions to get it running are very simple, but havnt figured them out.

1. Replacement is being sent by nextwave, but they stated it is ok to run without fan. I have another fan on it just incase.
2. Cant open vcarve files with the Basic Panel after they have been saved in Vcarve. I have checked sd, unplugged, replugged, restarted,etc.. Were using cncSHARK-USB ARC (INCHES) as post processor and shows as saved. But main panel for shark does not shwo any saved files. Pathways are all correct.
3. Only thing we have been able to run is the demo from rockler using the 1 inch sq on the sd. However, this is what keeps drilling holes through the top. We have tried to reset origini multiple times.
4. No clue on aligning wood with table top but best guessed it. Really should be directions for first time use, but maybe someone can explain.

Anyways, just getting very stressed by this whole thing. So much money I could have bought a car hehe.

spinningwood

Re: Anyone who has a pro willing to phone call me?

Post by spinningwood »

Andy - Create a directory on your computer for Toolpaths. Write down the directory name and where you created it. When you save a toolpath with VCarve, navigate to that directory and save the toolpath. When you later start up the Shark control program and try to load the toolpath, navigate to the same directory and you should see the toolpath and be able to load it.

When you set up your job in VCarve, make sure you set the thickness to the correct measure for the piece you will be working with. VCarve will warn you if you try to do something that will cut through the piece into the table.

Make sure you keep track of whether you are setting "z zero" in the VCarve job setup to the top or bottom of the material and where you want the origin. When you start the shark control program you need to zero out x, y and z in the same places. If you set z zero in VCarve to the top of the material and then set z to zero at the table top rather than the material top in the shark control program you are going to have it carving into your table if it doesn't break the bit first by trying to plunge through the material and into the table.

Have you read the introductory materials that came with vcarve? Click on "Help" in VCarve (menu at the top) and select "help contents". Try the "Getting Started" Section. Spend a little time getting to know the software and the general process of creating something with a CNC before you start trying to run things with the shark.

Good luck.

Ed McDonnell

Barguy

Post by Barguy »

I had a friend come over who runs a large shop with a bunch of cncs. He was able to get some of the quarks figured out pretty easy and show me. Actually, cut something with it. As far as reading the directions, I read them over and over numerous times. I watched nearly every video on the entire internet a minum of 3 to 5 times, and ready more articles than I care to mention. I have to admit that in the end the solutions to getting it correct were very simple, but I would probably not have figured them out for a while had it not been for my buddy.

Regardless of the trouble I have had, the machine is awesome. No real complaints on the machine, but still gotta say those directions are lacking. Next wave needs to redo them or maybe include a little dvd instructional for people like me maybe?

Either way Im pretty excited to get learning the vcarve software.

Barguy

Post by Barguy »

If possible can one of the moderaters delete that post. It has my phone number on it hehe. Thanks

al wolford

Post by al wolford »

Sorry...took me a while, but I got rid of your phone number!