getting "load error" message

Discussion specifically about the Shark's bigger brother, the CNC Shark Pro

Moderators: al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

dbonds

getting "load error" message

Post by dbonds »

Yesterday all was fine. Today when I tried to load a toolpath to carve, I got a "load error message" Tried several different files. Even changed the simm card (wasn't a new simm card, just a different one). Still getting message. Shark pro. Help please.
Diane

4DThinker

Re: getting "load error" message

Post by 4DThinker »

Make sure you don't have more than one instance of the controller software running. The only time I get that error is when I've accidentally double clicked twice on the icon and not realized it.

dbonds

Post by dbonds »

I did check this. I shut down the computer and restarted, but still got message. Thank you for replying.

4DThinker

Post by 4DThinker »

The next thing to check would be the USB cable/USB ports. Try your existing cable in another port on the PC. If that doesn't help then try a different cable.

If it isn't the SD card, nor the cable, a corrupt or conflicting USB driver on the PC end could be another source. Lastly is the file unusual in any way? Extra large? A Post Processor you haven't tried before? Will the controller successfully load any older files that you have successfully cut in the past?

These are a few of my favorite things.... to check. If nothing works then I'd give NextWave a call. Unfortunately you'll probably need to wait until Tuesday to reach them

dbonds

Post by dbonds »

I don't think it is the cable or USB port because machine will jog, etc, just won't load a file. I did try several different files from past jobs. Actually the one I was going to run is an frequently run job. You have great ideas though; keep thinking about it. And thank you. :?

jeb2cav
Site Admin

Post by jeb2cav »

One thing I've found in the past is that while I think I've seated the SD card, it really isn't seated. I don't know if this has improved with new control boxes or not. Make sure the power to the control box is off, and make sure the SD card is seated. In my case, I actually remove the power cord and then remove the exterior case and make sure it is seated, then fire it back up.

It can't hurt to try a different USB cable as well as a different USB port on the computer - although I agree that given you can jog, that is a low probability.