Vetric Pro programs

Discussion specifically about the Shark's bigger brother, the CNC Shark Pro

Moderators: al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

Josh's Woodworks

Vetric Pro programs

Post by Josh's Woodworks »

I have two different computers with Vetric Pro. I cannot open files of projects from one to the next because of version issues. It says its too old of a version to open new files. How do I upgrade or what does it cost? What is the latest version??

Please advice

Eagle55

Re: Vetric Pro programs

Post by Eagle55 »

What version do you have on each computer? Simply use the latest one and install it on both computers. The latest version 8.0 that just came out a month or two ago. It is well worth the upgrade if you can.

Roger
CNC Shark HD ~ Control Panel 2.0 ~ Windows 7 & XP
Located in West Tennessee near the Tennessee River
http://www.eaglecarver4.com

tonydude

Post by tonydude »

Buffalo,NY

"What will matter is not what you bought but what you built; not what you got, but what you gave”

Aspire 11.015, photo vcarve, cnc mako shark extended bed with the new upgraded HD 5 gantry with Led pendent.

Eagle55

Post by Eagle55 »

Usually an update is something most users would qualify for where an upgrade is a substantially improved product that you would have to pay for. Did you buy a second version that you put on another computer? If so you can put it on another computer that you use (I forget if it is 2 or 3 computers as long as it's for just one user) should be easy to match the two computers where you wouldn't have mis-match problems with the program. Btw VCarve 8.0 is really nice and a "must have" at some point unless you have already been able to go to Aspire in which case you could already do most of the stuff.

Roger

CharliesWoodStuff

Post by CharliesWoodStuff »

Is it permissible to install Vcarve on a second laptop? I'd love to be able to design in the house as well as the workshop!

SteveM

Post by SteveM »

As I understand it, you can have Vectric software on 3 computers, but can only use one at a time.

Eagle55

Post by Eagle55 »

Yes, Charles.. its nice to be able to have the software a couple of places. Personally, I design everything at my desk in the house and then take the .tap files out to the shop computer to run it. I don't even have a mouse or keyboard out where I could design on the shop computer. However, I take trips working 100 miles away and sometimes I like to work on a project in VCarve on my laptop while staying in a motel room, so the second (or third) computer really is nice. Then I can email it back to my desktop computer and finish up the project when I get home. Btw, I'm not sure if Vectric has the ability to detect if you have more than 3 copies and even more relevant, if more than one of them is running at one time. Not that it is likely that anyone would, or if they Vectric really cares.... its just a preference that you don't share copies with friends which would be a blatant copyright violation.

CharliesWoodStuff

Post by CharliesWoodStuff »

Thank you! I'm going to load on the how me computer! Woot!