At a loss

Discussion specifically about the Shark's bigger brother, the CNC Shark Pro

Moderators: al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

skipwms

At a loss

Post by skipwms »

Hi all...

I've had a Shark Pro_Mach 3 for years. Mach 3 was running like a charm. Not paying attention, I downloaded the panel with the probe. I updated the firmware when prompted and then realized what I had done. My goof (don't have a probe.) I have not been able to get Mach 3 working correctly since that encounter. I returned to Mach 3 site and linked to the ncPOD OEM page to attempt to backtrack on the firmware. When the firmware update is attempted, the software comes back with 'no ncPOD'. I went to nextwave's website and noticed a Mach 3 update. I wiped everything from laptop (with ncPOD). Followed nextwave's suggestions to update and have the follwing results. The basic panel works with no issues. I update to Mach 3 firmware (to use Mach 3 obviously). I'm able to jog router along all axis. I load the 'basic' code (ie... the test code that came with the shark / the roadrunner code that came with Mach 3) and Mach 3 executes one line and 'nothing'. I reset Mach 3 and just jog the axis, no problem. I load the most basic of code 'hangs'. I've been in comms with Al (thanks Al) and he suggested that I post. Well, here it is. Any suggestions appreciated. Prior to this mishap I've been running code in Mach 3 with no issues using TurboCAD Pro, BobCAD and Mach 3 direct input. I'm at a loss.

Skip

jeb2cav
Site Admin

Re: At a loss

Post by jeb2cav »

Hi Skip,

I don't use Mach 3, but have read other posts. As the result of an earlier post and customer request, it appears that NextWave did address this. There is unique firmware for Mach3 use and it is available at the NextWave Automation download page - http://www.nextwaveautomation.com/DownLoads.aspx - look toward the bottom of the page.

Hope this helps.

Tim Owens

Post by Tim Owens »

There are two ways to go about this. One is if you still have the older firmware you can return it that condition usually 2045 firmware.
The easier is download the special firmware which works with the older controllers and the newer Pro Plus controller.

skipwms

Post by skipwms »

Thanks Joe, Tim...

Joe, that's the 'fix' (the Mach 3 instructions) that I applied, that I'm having the issue with.

Tim...

I don't have the older firmware. I'm using what's available at next wave. Is there somewhere else that someone could point me to that lists the older firmware?

Appreciate your feedback...

Skip