new controller

Discussion specifically about the Shark's bigger brother, the CNC Shark Pro

Moderators: al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

SnaykeByte

new controller

Post by SnaykeByte »

Does anyone have any info or experience with a controller that will control spindle? IE turn on and off??

SnaykeByte

Re: new controller

Post by SnaykeByte »

53 views and nobody has any insight at all?? Am I the only one that has asked this question??

rungemach

Post by rungemach »

I'm not sure what your particular situation is. If you have the spindle sold by NWA, I believe they were supposed to provide an on off methodology. Not sure where that effort is. Perhaps owners of the spindle kit can update this.

The shark controller has on off support for a router, which can be used to drive a mechanical relay or a small "wall wart" power supply to provide an on off signal to your spindle motor control. The spindle control has to be configured for operation with an external switch or from an external voltage signal.

If you are looking for a different main controller setup, Mach 3 can control spindles, both on off and setting speed. The NWA website says that Mach3 is supported, but this does not seem to be the case, and they have not changed the website. I run Mach 3 with a usb smoothstepper and anGecko 540 motor driver and would not hesitate to recommend it.

if you can be a bit more specific regarding your situation, you may get a few more answers.

SnaykeByte

Post by SnaykeByte »

Sorry about not posting specifics, I'm currently using a dewalt 611.