Re: Controller problems

Post by spinningwood »

Ardmar - See Tim Owens response at the end of this thread:

http://cncsharktalk.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=64

Ed

JamesEinolf

Post by JamesEinolf »

I finally fixed my "load error" problem. Thinking that the intermittent nature of the error meant it almost *had* to have something to do with the hardware, I messed around some more with USB cables and such. I had previously tried a different SD card, but I had used a 4GB card because that was what I had available (pulled it out of my wife's camera). So this time I went out and bought a new 1GB card and tried that. It fixed the problem. I re-tried the card that came with the Shark, and got the load errors again. Put the new card back in, everything works fine.

So - if you used a different capacity card when you were troubleshooting, you might want to beg/borrow/buy a 1GB SD card and try that.

wyzarddoc

Post by wyzarddoc »

Update;
Go to the nextwave download site and download the new control panel with the date of 08/23/2010 uninstall the other control panel and install this version and all will be right with the world EXCEPT this "firmware" update will not work with Mach3
will have to wait for update files for Mach3
good luck
Doc

Buc

Post by Buc »

I also had a 'Load Error' problems. I had version 1.4.0.8 and upgraded to version 1.4.0.10. Even the TAP files that would not load this morning sucessfully load tonight. I hope this works, my wife is getting tired of hearing that I should have bought the Harley.
I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.

Thomas A. Edison

The Only Easy Day Was Yesterday

Ardmar

Post by Ardmar »

I just purchased a probe for my CNCShark and installed it and it works great. However, the fan does not work on the control box now. Any ideas?

jeb2cav
Site Admin

Post by jeb2cav »

There might've been a loose connection inside the box - or just plain murphy's law. You could pop the case to see if there are any loose wire/cannon plugs. You could also call Next Wave Automation tech support and have them help troubleshoot this fan issue.

This is the first fan failure I've noticed on the forum, so going the tech support route might get you the quickest solution.

pjmayer

Post by pjmayer »

I also get a load error, but for me it happens when I type the name of the TAP file and rely on the auto-complete to fill in the rest. Sometimes I had "12345" instead of "12345.tap". I was really puzzled because these were TAP files I had run before. I finally realized that I sometimes select the file with the mouse, but when the mouse isn't hooked up I use the down arrow and tab to select the file. I have other erratic issues with my Shark, but the human running it is pretty erratic too.