Moderators: al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

sekman

New Shark sighted near Atlanta!

Post by sekman »

newsharkpro.jpg

spinningwood

Re: New Shark sighted near Atlanta!

Post by spinningwood »

Wow! Like the looks of the new table (what I can see of it). Is the gantry now aluminum or is that black plastic?

How about some more details to accompany the tease?

Ed

al wolford

Post by al wolford »

spinningwood

Post by spinningwood »

Thanks Al. Some really nice upgrades in the Pro Plus. My favorites are:

1) the new table. looks like it is made from about 10 pices of your multi trac that are screwed together. that would cost around $300 to duplicate by buying multi trac and cobbling it together. Wonder if Rockler will offer an upgrade deal on a package of multi trac (aka a table kit)?

2) Software control of the router on/off. I don't really care about auto on, but auto off at the end of a job would be a BIG plus for me. This must be incorporated into the new "professional aluminum case" that must now house the controller and power supply in a single box (I'm just guessing here).

3) Faster (up to 200 ipm). Is this just a controller upgrade or are the steppers upgraded as well?

4) more Z. I can never have enough Z. 5" is nice. 6" would have been nicer, but 5" is better than 4.25"

5) E-Stop button on controller case. C

Wish list for future upgrades:

A) A better mechanism for mounting the router that also allows microadjustments to get the bit completely perpendicular to the table without having to use shims.

B) The E-Stop button somewhere on the shark itself. The controller case is likely to be tucked away somewhere and the e-stop button should be as accessible as possible. Sure it's more complicated to put it on the shark itself rather than the controller case, but a job worth doing......

C) A split / adjustable table (to allow more swing) and a rotary 4th axis

My real big disappointment with the shark pro plus is that I already own a shark pro and the pro plus just isn't in the cards. :(

Ed

Teir

Post by Teir »

Al,

Can you please find out how many of these new features be retro fitted to the pro?

I am most interested in the software, faster speeds and on/off at end of program.

Thanks.

Teir

Wilem the Fixer

Post by Wilem the Fixer »

Here Here to all the above, please give lots of answers and when is it coming to Australia. Pity I just bought the Pro. Upgrades would be nice rather than buying a new Machine.
Wilem the Fixer
Phil
www.wilemthefixer.com.au