Shark Pro Problems

Discussion specifically about the Shark's bigger brother, the CNC Shark Pro

Moderators: al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

rc1282

Shark Pro Problems

Post by rc1282 »

Hi,
I've been using my Shark Pro for a little over a month, and I'm really enjoying it, with just a couple of problems. The first one is that sometimes when I start a job, the "pause" button does not become enabled, and the machine does not know that it's running. I can see the movement of the X,Y,Z axes on the left side of the control panel, but the G-code is not scrolling in the center of the panel, nor is it showing the remaining lines at the bottom of the panel. Because of this, if I ever have to stop the job, I have to use E-stop, then start from the beginning.
The second problem is a little bigger. The machine stops in the middle of a job. There is no error generated, it doesn't return to 0,0,0...it just stops. The first time that it happened, I read the suggestions in the forums, and tried a different SD card. I'm currently using a 8gb card. I ran the firmware upgrade, resaved the toolpath that stopped previously, then ran the job. That one ran fine. The second job that I ran, maybe 10 minutes later gave 2 peculiar errors. The first one, I jogged to 0,0,0 and ran the job. It should have gone +4" along the X axis, but instead moved about 2" and started. I stopped the job, moved it back to 0,0,0, shut down the control panel, and loaded the job up again. This time, it started in the correct place, but the pause button was not enabled (again). It ran for about 10 minutes, then stopped. I can't even guess at what line it stopped, because I wasn't able to see any of the code running. I haven't had this problem so far in wood, but now that I'm seeing this issue while making lithophanes in Corian (more lines of code). The pause button issue has existed since the very beginning. I was using Photo VCarve and cutting a piece of 1/4" Corian. That is the second piece of Corian that was ruined and I'd really like to get this rectified before I try again. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

jeb2cav
Site Admin

Re: Shark Pro Problems

Post by jeb2cav »

Hi - have you disabled all screen savers, hibernation, and set all power management to "never off"?

rc1282

Post by rc1282 »

Yes. I read in this forum that may cause an issue. That was the first thing I did when I got the machine.

Buc

Post by Buc »

HI,

My anti-virus has a conflict with the shark control panel and .TAP files. Also have the same problem with scrolling G-code on the shark panel and the Pause button not unabled. Sometimes it does sometimes it doesn't.
I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.

Thomas A. Edison

The Only Easy Day Was Yesterday

rc1282

Post by rc1282 »

I spoke with next wave tech support, and I was told that the anti-virus can conflict. I ran a 2 hour job yesterday, and it went okay. I'll keep an eye on the pause button thing and see if the anti-virus was indeed the problem.
@ Buc: did you disable the anti-virus and still have the problem with the g-code scrolling?

jeb2cav
Site Admin

Post by jeb2cav »

Thanks for the update - just curious, what AV program are you using on that machine?

Buc

Post by Buc »

RC,

Not I don't disable the AV. The AV questions it but I allow it and everything seems to be OK. Right now I'm running a 250,000 Lines of G-code and The G-code is not scrolling and the pause button is not enabled. Haven't figured this out yet. I Know if I would have reran the Control program this morning, the G-code would be scrolling and pause button would be enabled.
Edit to post: Just completed the first run piece. Put another fresh piece of material unto Shark. Clicked on run from SD card and now the g-code is scrolling and the Pause button is enabled...Gremlins???

Buc
I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.

Thomas A. Edison

The Only Easy Day Was Yesterday