Bearing Noise

Discussion specifically about the Shark's bigger brother, the CNC Shark Pro

Moderators: al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

Wilem the Fixer

Bearing Noise

Post by Wilem the Fixer »

After much noise coming from the Y axis at the back 60mm of M/C and getting worse. I tried all the recomended fixes without success. So I pulled the top of and undid the Black nut on the Y lead screw to disengage the ganty, then I heard the noise was coming from the bearings on the Y guides. Mostly the back left one.
Any answers or reasons why this would happen as the M/C is only just over 2 months old.

Average use, not more than 2 Hours a day.
This problem is disappointing after replacing the MDF top because of flatness problems and the M/C was still out .3mm left to right and 1.6mm front to back. The M/C was on a flat steel table. Not 100% happy after buying all extra 3D & more programs. But love the Shark Pro for the price.
Wilem the Fixer
Phil
www.wilemthefixer.com.au

Wilem the Fixer

Re: Bearing Noise

Post by Wilem the Fixer »

After seven weeks of complaining to reps here in Australia to no Availe, Tim Owens sent me new bearings and yippee my M/C is so quiet and smooth running now. Thanks to Next Wave Automation.
Wilem the Fixer
Phil
www.wilemthefixer.com.au

recrisp

Post by recrisp »

Now that's service!
Tim always comes through, and that and the company was one of the deciding factors for me, good service speaks volumes.

Randy

peg_legs

Post by peg_legs »

Tim and Next Wave are the greatest!! When I had a bit of trouble and it was fixed FAST.
I am going to need to buy a larger (4 x 8) CNC sometime this year. I wish Next Wave
would / could build one that size (4 x 8) soon because I sure would buy it in a hart beat!!!

Thanks Tim and Next wave for being such a great company!!!

Mike
(peg_legs)

Tim Owens

Post by Tim Owens »

Mike,

What sort of trouble are you getting into that you are going to need a 4x8 ;)
You never know what is around the corner but a 4x8 this year might be a bit much.

Tim

peg_legs

Post by peg_legs »

Hi Tim,
We are having to farm out larger signs, interior display (4x8) walls for trade shows etc. I can build these, by hand, but I can't meet there time frame so I have to give that extra money to others. The other trouble I have is we can"t get into our new building until April or May of next year and our shop now is loaded with equipment and the only place I can put my Shark Pro is in my garage and I would have to put a 4x8 CNC in there too. When we can make our move we will have 6 times the space we have now!! So I guess I will have to wait on a larger machine for now as all the other companies want to install theres and a number of them want 3 phase power (note to Tim build your machines to use single phase only, you will sell a bunch more!).

Tim I am happy you are looking to build larger machines and will be holding off until you have one or I can't wait any longer, which ever comes first! I will have my fingers crossed hoping you get one first!!

Mike
"Proud owner of a Shark Pro"
But if I had waited about 2 weeks I could have had a Pro+. OH, Well, like thay say "hind sight is 20 /20".

Tim Owens

Post by Tim Owens »

Mike,

We are always glad to meet a happy customer. About the larger signs there will be an update for Vcarve 6.0 that will happen in Nov (so I am told) that will allow you to take a 4x8 sign and divide the machining up so you can have your shark do it for instance. Yes you would have to cut a 4x8 sheet in half to get it in the machine but it is something I have lobbied with Vectric for the last 18 months.

Second we use to make large cnc machines about 4 years ago and we are looking into the possibility again.
The autorouter was the machines we use to do and we are considering a larger machine. Perhaps if we decide to do it we can have a a couple of Beta customers.

Thanks

Tim

peg_legs

Post by peg_legs »

Tim,
I hope you give me the chance to become a bata tester for you!
I don't live that far from you folks, I'm in the 696 / 75 area of Detroit.
I have shown my Shark to 2 woodworking groups in my area and each
has shown a high degree of interest. I do need to get more software
so I can scan in line art and photos then convert them into 3D carvings.

Thats my next project, 3D carving for plaques, crests and coat of arms.

Then with a larger machine I will be getting into large trophey cases.

All of this started with something as simple as door signs with raised numbers.
And this part of the project looks as if it will take another 24 to 36 months to
finish. If you get your foot in the door with the military it looks like we are moving in.

What software do I need to get to do my 3D scans and carving? Will I be able
to design in the same software?

Thanks,
Mike

P.S. Any one thinking about a CNC router, Don't only think Shark, BUY it, you will be glad you did!!!