Robert

table for shark pro

Post by Robert »

Is an aluminum table available for the shark pro

Tim Owens

Re: table for shark pro

Post by Tim Owens »

We,
Do not have alot of the Aluminum in store for general sale.
But we are going to make a kit for all of the other hardware in our store.
You can purchase the Track From Rockler.
Tim

winreboot

Post by winreboot »

I check the Rockler website and they have two kinds of rails to build an aluminum table. (2-1/4'' and 3")

Is the 3" better because is wider and I guess I would need 8 of those to cover the table?

Thanks!
Dave

monitoringpost

Post by monitoringpost »

FYI the HD model uses a combination of the two - rails 1 -3 = 3", 4 = 2.25", 5 - 6 = 3", 7 = 2.25" and 8 - 10 = 3" for a total width of 28.50".

Hope this helps...
Last edited by monitoringpost on Fri Dec 18, 2020 7:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kb8jvw

Post by kb8jvw »

That's over $350.00. A little steep. Anything a little less costly?

Tim Owens

Post by Tim Owens »

We do have scratched and dented table from time to time that are about $250

GARYR6

Post by GARYR6 »

You might try a company call 8020 inc. They sell 8020 Aluminum Modular framing. You call also find it on Ebay etc.

Tim Owens

Post by Tim Owens »

Be careful with 8020 on ebay. They usually sell it there when it is off cuts and out of spec parts (slightly warped or bent). They usually label that is what it is but you have to look for it.
We have the interface kits on our website for the tables with the blue aluminum.
http://shop.nextwaveautomation.com/shop ... ?itemid=38
They should work with any extruded aluminum company if they are using the standard slot size and layout.
Rockler blue aluminum is qty 8 of the 3 inch wide and 2 of the 2.25 inch wide
Thanks
Tim

rungemach

Post by rungemach »

I used 10 pieces of 8020 brand 1030 extrusion (3" wide x 36" long x 1" thick) and it just fits nicely between the gantry uprights on my pro.
The 1" thickness is much stronger than the rocker extrusion. It is secured to the shark with 1 1/2 x 1/ 1/2 x .125 aluminum angle,
which is also much stronger than the factory mounting. There are some good posts on this forum regarding table tops and leveling that you might find informative.

This 1030 extrusion setup should cost around 250.00 in parts.

With any of the extruded tables, the extrusions should be tied together mid span to prevent
a clamp from lifting one section in isolation while clamping on an adjacent section.

I am sure Tim is not trying to give the impression that everything that 8020 sells on ebay is suspect as damaged. They have a 100% rating on ebay and over 21 thousand feedbacks. The majority of product that 8020 sell on eBay is regular factory spec items unless specified in the action as to what the variation is.

I called 8020 them this morning regarding an order and while I was on the phone with them I asked about ebay quality levels. ( I buy through ebay with no issues) I was told that less than 10% of what they sell on ebay is not 100% due to cosmetics etc and those items are clearly marked in the auctions. I have no connection with 8020 other than being a customer.

Tim Owens

Post by Tim Owens »

Thanks for the clarifation.
Not trying to say everything was bent on ebay, just they do sell it at a lower price and it is ususaly marked. Just make sure you look at the description of what it is so you do not buy something you do not want.
Tim