Which post processor with Cut3D software??

Discussion about the CNC Shark Pro Plus

Moderators: al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

DoctorSaul

Which post processor with Cut3D software??

Post by DoctorSaul »

I'm setting up to cut my 1st 3D project: the sample 3D bowl that is in the sample files in the CUT3D software package that came with my CNCShark Pro Plus. Everything looks ok, but I'm stuck at the point to choose the post processor. The dropdown menu does not list the CNCShark, and the closest G-code options do not work. Which post processor do I select??

Saul

REG

Re: Which post processor with Cut3D software??

Post by REG »

Use the same one as for V-Carve Pro, just place in the Cut 3D folder.

DoctorSaul

Re: Which post processor with Cut3D software??

Post by DoctorSaul »

Thanks, Reg......

I finally saw the answer to the correct post processor question in the Vectric Forum....at about the same time Tim Owens at Next Wave emailed the answer.

Here is another example of information that really should have been in the Shark instruction manual. It's so tedious and time consuming to search this forum, the Vectric forum, phone/email to Wolford at Rockler, phone/email to Owens at Next Wave, to get these basic set-up questions answered.

Don't get me wrong, though..... I'm glad we do have so many support options available, and Rockler/New Wave have been very prompt and patient with me regarding support issues. My learning curve would be so much easier with a good instruction manual, not only for the Shark, but for software supplied with the Shark.

Saul