New shark pro plus

Discussion about the CNC Shark Pro Plus

Moderators: al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

acxsasx

New shark pro plus

Post by acxsasx »

My CNC Shark pro plus arrived safe and sound last Friday. It has been an exhausting weekend so far moving stuff (wife translation: junk) to different locations and making the cold room a bit more insulated. Projects I have been putting off but now that I am going to be having the controller in the room, need to pump some heat into it.

Everything arrived well packed and undamaged despite a sharp blow the box the table came in received. The foam absorbed all the damage just fine.

I have some fonts that do celtic knots and whipped something together just to do a complete run. All working pretty well. Now to continue to figure out VCarve.

However, I do have one concern. When I am traveling fast, medium or slow along the X axis in jog, I will suddenly get a loud vibration. I noticed it happening a few times on the small project I did on a 18" x 3.5" board. Do I need to add some lubrication along the bar? I have some 3in1 oil I could use.

REG

Re: New shark pro plus

Post by REG »

acxsasx wrote: However, I do have one concern. When I am traveling fast, medium or slow along the X axis in jog, I will suddenly get a loud vibration. I noticed it happening a few times on the small project I did on a 18" x 3.5" board. Do I need to add some lubrication along the bar? I have some 3in1 oil I could use.
Yes, you need to try some lube first but no oil. Try silicone spray. It can be found in Wal-Mart in automotive or any automotive parts store. Spray on the rod bar as well as the screw. Run all your axis and lube and you should hear an improvement.
Congrats on the new Shark and welcome to the club of owners.

acxsasx

Re: New shark pro plus

Post by acxsasx »

Thanks, Reg. Will make that run today.