"Load error:" message

Discussion about the CNC Shark Pro Plus

Moderators: al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

norton

"Load error:" message

Post by norton »

Just getting back to carving with my Shark Pro Plus after a long layoff. I'm using a new computer running Windows 8, so I checked with NWA before installing the controller software, just to be sure. The installation went seamlessly and I could immediately use the controller to jog the machine in all 3 dimensions. Then I loaded a .tap file, was able to load the G code to the controller, and ran it for a while with no bit. Everything was looking good, with the movement about as I remembered for that file. I inserted a bit, set 0,0,0 and started over, actually carving. After making the first hole, the bit returned to near 0,0,0 and sat there with the Colt running. I had to do an E-STOP to gain control.

Now when I try to load G code to the controller I get an error message "load error:"
This happens after completely powering down and unplugging the controller, unplugging the USB connection and rebooting the computer. I have tried this several times with the same result.

The controller software can still jog the Shark, so I don't think the cable is the issue. The only thing that comes to mind is the SD card.

It has been a while since I have used the Shark and I was no expert then, so I would appreciate any suggestions on how to resolve this.

Thanks.

4DThinker

Re: "Load error:" message

Post by 4DThinker »

The only time I've seen a Load Error was when I had more than one instance of the control panel running and didn't realize it. Each instance could jog my Shark, but when a file was loaded I'm guessing the error came from the two instances trying to use the same memory block or something like that.

If you haven't used the PC running the Shark for awhile, I'd also check its hard drive for errors.

It sounds like you've run the normal routine for checking why something isn't working including the cable, the SD card, switched USB ports, etc. If you can't get it working after all that then calling NextWave Support is your next step.

4D