Newbie recieived Pro Plus today w/ shipping damage :(

Discussion about the CNC Shark Pro Plus

Moderators: al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

REG

Re: Newbie recieived Pro Plus today w/ shipping damage :(

Post by REG »

Chris, I saw you posted a photo of a gantry part for the SPP in another section so I presume you got yours all together now. Everything work out OK? Was curious how your situation came out and if you've done any projects with your Shark.

Minitucking

Post by Minitucking »

REG wrote:Chris, I saw you posted a photo of a gantry part for the SPP in another section so I presume you got yours all together now. Everything work out OK? Was curious how your situation came out and if you've done any projects with your Shark.

Bobby, we did receive the plastic end piece that houses the ballscrew bearing but i had requested a new ballscrew nut also because i felt that it took the brunt of the blow in the shipping damage. But i dont know if Tim forgot to put it in or he felt that it wasnt an issue but i didnt get a ballscrew nut in the package. Anyways the machine is up and running. I still need to square everything up like you explained. I too am seeing a slight bit of deflection in the center of the axis'. Maybe some supported rails would fix this issue.
So far i have cut out a dust collector foot, a guitar side bending pattern, a lsu logo and some various other stuff. I am still getting the hang of things. So many things to remember when your setting up a carve. I have a hard time walking away from the machine while its carving because i am scared its going to crash into the bed or something. lol

REG

Post by REG »

Minitucking wrote:
So far i have cut out a dust collector foot, a guitar side bending pattern, a lsu logo and some various other stuff. I am still getting the hang of things. So many things to remember when your setting up a carve. I have a hard time walking away from the machine while its carving because i am scared its going to crash into the bed or something. lol
LSU - yea, I saw somewhere you are in Lake Charles. I'm in the heart of LSU in Baton Rouge. I am still having depth variance issues and I strongly believe one of my bearing rods is bent since it really changes carve depth near cent of the Y axis at the further X axis travel. I am about to give up but I am discussing the issue with Tim. I wish there was a showroom nearby with a setup so I can see and compare with a floor model setup.
Other than that my ooopsies have been small.

Bobby

hdtheater

Post by hdtheater »

If you need any photos taken let me know.

How about showing us your dust boot?

Eric
Thanks,

-Eric

Facebook.com/inspireddesignstx

Minitucking

Post by Minitucking »

Sorry it took me so long to get back to yall on here. Here are the two parts of the dust foot. The top that stays on the machine and then the bottom that will have magnets to attach it to the top piece. I havent put the hole for the the vacuum attachment yet because i am still fooling around on the actual size. I have cut these out in acrylic and it came out pretty good. I dont have an actual picture of the dustfoot but i will try to get one when its all fuctioning like i want it to.
dustfoot.crv
dust foot top
(72.5 KiB) Downloaded 318 times
dustfoot bottom.crv
Dust foot bottom
(189 KiB) Downloaded 303 times