Updated Instruction Manual?

Discussion about the CNC Shark Pro Plus

Moderators: al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

DoctorSaul

Updated Instruction Manual?

Post by DoctorSaul »

Let me start by saying I'm very impressed with my Shark Pro Plus, a little overwhelmed, but impressed.

What would make my learning curve a little less steep is an instruction manual, updated for the Shark Pro Plus, and complete in that it could incorporate instructions in the use of the software packages that come with the machine. While I've been able to piece together information from CNC SharkTalk, the Vectric website, New Wave Automation website, and phone call instruction from Rockler, it would have been so much easier and productive to have all this information in a single manual that could be updated as needed. Preferably this up-to-date manual would be available on the CNC Shark Talk forum in PDF format (Rocker could also consider a small charge to cover the expense of producing the manual for downloading.... I certainly would not object to a reasonable cost). Has Rockler or New Wave Automation considered such a manual?

I should mention that the challenge of learning something new and different is part of the "fun", especially when an obstacle to doing something with the Shark is overcome and successfully completed. However, I think these new tasks/learning experiences with the Shark could go so much smoother and easier with ready access to a well written instruction manual.

Anyone else agree?

Saul

REG

Re: Updated Instruction Manual?

Post by REG »

Yes, I agree. Including one for the controller as well. Tim stated one was in the works.
I think from their (Next Wave) perspective, when you design and test, you become so familiar with the machine you forget about the days when it was all "greek". I've come a long way in a month and a half but many of my learning curves could have been really shortened with decent documentation.
We not only have to learn the machine and assemble it correctly but also the software and how to properly navigate through it.