New to CNC Shark World

Discussion about the CNC Shark Pro Plus

Moderators: al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

AUWA

New to CNC Shark World

Post by AUWA »

Hello: Maybe someone can help me determine if a Shark Pro CNC is what I need. I want to build cribbage board with a routered outside edge and of course holes! My question is how fast is the Shark CNC Pro machine once the system is set up. I'm looking to make quite a few.

GARYR6

Re: New to CNC Shark World

Post by GARYR6 »

Once you build the design (couple of hours), then the real question is how fast can you put more wood on the table.
I run cribbage boards and it takes about 12 mins. for holes and three for the edge.

AUWA

Post by AUWA »

GARYR6 wrote:Once you build the design (couple of hours), then the real question is how fast can you put more wood on the table.
I run cribbage boards and it takes about 12 mins. for holes and three for the edge.

Thanks Gary . I currently have a laser c02 engraver and cutter that I use for wood engraving and light hole drilling. But in wood it's not the answer, unless I'd get into the 50,000 - 100,00 machines!!!

AUWA
George Schmidt

damauk

Post by damauk »

You could download the Vcarve Pro trial software and create your design. It will estimate your machining time for you. I have found that for my Shark Plus Pro it takes a little more than twice as long to machine the piece as the Vcarve Pro estimate (You can adjust these to be more accurate, but I haven't taken the time yet). Hope this helps

-David Maulik

Tim Owens

Post by Tim Owens »

Make sure when doing vcarve estimates that you have the rapids set of what ever you are doing. The default setting on the shark is 100 inchs/min. The standard setting for Vcarve is 300