trouble with importing pdf's

Discussion about the CNC Shark Pro Plus

Moderators: al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

Jason

trouble with importing pdf's

Post by Jason »

I found a rubber band gun scroll saw pdf and wanted to see if its possible to cut it out on my shark. I went through normal processes of importing vectors from a file. closed all open vectors and set up tool paths. The problem I have found is that the parts are a little bigger than the specs on the pdf. Take for instance, a part that is suppose to be 1" is almost 3/32" bigger. For somethings that may not matter, for things that are mechanical and in need of each other this matters. Looking for some help on this as these are Christmas presents for my three children. I have an early start to making them, but I know from experience testing and more testing i can run out of time. `Jason

meb

Re: trouble with importing pdf's

Post by meb »

For this method you need to have all parts visible on the screen and all parts need to be in the same orientation that they go in the project (pointed the right direction) so the sizing does not change the aspect ratio of the parts.

Select the longest part on the screen and open the "Set Selected Objects Size" tool under "Transform Objects" in the menu. Make sure the "Link XY" box is checked. Now in one of the boxes for Width (X) or Height (Y), which ever is the longest, enter the correct measurement for the part. DO NOT HIT APPLY! Make a note of the value in the % box.

Now select all the vectors on the screen together. Enter the value you noted earlier into the % box and hit the Apply button. Everything in the project is now re-sized to the correct size.

Jason

Re: trouble with importing pdf's

Post by Jason »

Thank you for your insight. As soon as possible on Monday, I'll give it a try and post the results later.~Jason