Please help me to make my probe work...

Discussion about the CNC Shark Pro Plus

Moderators: al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

flytrader

Please help me to make my probe work...

Post by flytrader »

Hello all,

I have the shark pro plus.

In the back of the box next to the USB slot there is an insert that the probe fits into. I am unsure whether it belongs there...

When I plug the probe into the box the machine doesn't recognize the probe.

according to the directions the short wire that came with the probe is an adapter that should be attached.

From what I can tell it is used for the later models because there isn't another hole or knock out for it through the back of the box. Is there a separate down load that I should apply to make my probe work?

jeb2cav
Site Admin

Re: Please help me to make my probe work...

Post by jeb2cav »

Hi,

Did you obtain the unique probe version of the shark basic panel? If not, you can download it fron the Next Wave Automation site and then send them an email to obtain an unlock key. You'll need to use this version of the shark basic panel when using the probe. It has a 3rd tab, which is where you control the output of the probe.

A pretty good discussion of several aspects of the probe can be found here: http://www.cncsharktalk.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=322

The doc that comes with the probe has not been updated to account for the "new" control box that has been fielded since the Shark Pro Plus was released (as I understand it). So, there is no wiring that you need to do with your control box.

Can you give this and the reference post a look and then come back with more specific questions or problems with using the probe?

flytrader

Re: Please help me to make my probe work...

Post by flytrader »

Joe,

Thanks,

The probe now works thanks for the information about the other temp shark panel that recognizes the probe.

Now I need Tim to send me the un-lock key for the full version.

Again thanks for the help,

Ed :ugeek: