New Machine, a problem

Discussion about the CNC Shark Pro Plus

Moderators: al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

Nixter

New Machine, a problem

Post by Nixter »

Just got my Shark Pro Plus, the machine is well made and looks great, assembly went without a hitch, using the software was easy and copying the proper .pp files went smoothly as well as acquiring the necessary files from Next Wave. Made a very simple sign to test, the size parameters entered for the workpiece were carefully checked for accuracy. Problem is that after zeroing the X,Y and Z axis's on the corner of the board, the Router promptly ignores this positioning data and moves to its own zero point, not the one I have jogged it to before starting, I tried pressing the set button first, no effect, the same thing happens, the router turns on and instead of beginning to work the piece, it slews to the Machines 0,0,0 point and starts from there, air machining the sign off to the side with the Z axis a inch or so too high to touch the board, even if it were there, it would miss it on the Z axis. No doubt at all that this is a user error, just need some suggestions on a probable cause.

jeb2cav
Site Admin

Re: New Machine, a problem

Post by jeb2cav »

I think I follow you - if you set the 0,0,0, then jog the machine, then go to the other tab where you load the tap file and click on move to 0,0,0 - does it return to the location you set, or does it go to this mystery location?

I haven't seen or read this on the forum. One other question would be - did you run the firmware update? Did it run successfully?

Nixter

Found the solution,...

Post by Nixter »

I wasn't zeroing it properly, but it works when I press the individual X, Y, and Z buttons on the control Panel application, this sets the start point and the routing operation now starts on the workpiece as expected, I'm off to a good start.

AWcnc

Post by AWcnc »

Having problems with my controller zeroing out. I'm opening the control panel, jogging the machine setting it up at zero, and as soon as I load the file the z axis jumps to .425. Help!!

sharkcutup

Post by sharkcutup »

AWcnc

There are two other settings in the Vectric software that affect the z-axis they are the 'home' and 'safe z' positions. The 'home' is the so called start, storage, bit change, out of the way, position; the 'safe Z' is exactly what is says a safe position (clearance position) for moving from one vector to another vector without running into anything (clamps, other material, etc.) along the way.

You may want to check the above settings. The .425 sounds to me like the 'safe z' setting.

This still does not explain to me why it is not carving. It only explains the suspect condition I have noted above.

Are you using a touch plate to set the z0 or are you using a piece of paper between bit and the item you are going to carve to set the z0?

Sharkcutup
V-Carve Pro Tips, Gadget Tips & Videos
YouTube Channel - Sharkcutup CNC
V-Carve Pro 11.554