Clock face

Discussion/questions about software used with your CNC Shark and programming issues

Moderators: al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

Kevink18

Clock face

Post by Kevink18 »

How do you create a clock face in VCarve Pro.

BillK

Re: Clock face

Post by BillK »

Here's one that I did.

Figure out your diameters based on the length of your clock hands. Then you can use the command to copy in a polar array, 12 copies in 360 degrees. Then you change each of the copies to their respective number.
Attachments
image.jpg
BillK
http://www.Facebook.com/CarvingsbyKurtz
Instagram: carvingsbykurtz
Twitter: @CBKwoodcarver

Kevink18

Post by Kevink18 »

Thanks I really like the one you have in that clock

Wolffie1

Post by Wolffie1 »

My Valentine clock
Composite red surface and aluminium
ValentineClock02.jpg
Cheers
Wolffie

Eagle55

Post by Eagle55 »

Here's one that I made for my sister to help her learn how to tell time. Originally I thought about just having hands that you could move manually but the more I looked at how to accomplish that I realized that I could just bolt on a AA driven movement for about $4 and be done with it, and also wind up with a fully functional clock in the process. I drew the circle and created a line from the center to the circle at the 12 o'clock position. Then copied the line around the circle 60 times. Then drew two smaller circles (one for the 5 minutes ticks and one for the minutes ticks. With all this drawn I began to selectively erase all the extra lines and then the two smaller circles leaving what was carved. I know there are better and probably easier ways to do this but this wasn't that hard and what came into my mind while drawing it.

(Cut in DuPont Corian with 90 degree bit, engraving filled with acrylic paint then polished off of surface)

Roger

PS Movement was from one of my "famous" China suppliers for about $1.99 and about $1.50 shipping. I couldn't have made a set of hands for that. BTW, doesn't come with battery for that price :( ha ha ha
Attachments
SH100006.JPG
CNC Shark HD ~ Control Panel 2.0 ~ Windows 7 & XP
Located in West Tennessee near the Tennessee River
http://www.eaglecarver4.com

Kevink18

Post by Kevink18 »

Nice