DRASTIC Z DEPTHS CHANGES

Discussion specifically about the Shark's bigger brother, the CNC Shark Pro

Moderators: al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

stephenb79

DRASTIC Z DEPTHS CHANGES

Post by stephenb79 »

4 year Shark Pro user. Haven't seen this one yet. Using the pocket clearing option with a Vbit tool path I notice the depth goes from .045" deep to .100" while running the tap file. I E stop it, then hit return to zero. So no spiral cutter drift. It goes back to my preset zero without any depth change. I check the tap file depths and find all lines say .045". Nothing pointing to the extra depth. I lost allot of work pieces and time to the issue. Never a good thing.

Mimbler

Re: DRASTIC Z DEPTHS CHANGES

Post by Mimbler »

stephenb79 wrote:4 year Shark Pro user. Haven't seen this one yet. Using the pocket clearing option with a Vbit tool path I notice the depth goes from .045" deep to .100" while running the tap file. I E stop it, then hit return to zero. So no spiral cutter drift. It goes back to my preset zero without any depth change. I check the tap file depths and find all lines say .045". Nothing pointing to the extra depth. I lost allot of work pieces and time to the issue. Never a good thing.
I've heard VCP 8 had some pocketing depth issues in the first revision(s) that has been cured by updating to the latest revision. Don't know if that is your problem or not,
MIke

stephenb79

Post by stephenb79 »

Glad to hear there was an issue. I was losing my mind and shop time over it. I will look for updates to VCP. Thanks for your reply.

Eagle55

Post by Eagle55 »

I used VCarve Pro 8.0 for a couple of month before realizing there was an update. I didn't notice the Z depth issue but then by coincidence or luck I might not have done what ever action that it was that provoked the issue. For those who might still be wondering, I feel Ver 8.0 is a must have update and well worth what ever the cost you might have to pay in your particular situation. All that coming from someone that just won't hardly ever cut loose with the money for updates and sure won't be in the first few to try it. :)

Roger
CNC Shark HD ~ Control Panel 2.0 ~ Windows 7 & XP
Located in West Tennessee near the Tennessee River
http://www.eaglecarver4.com