Very disappointed!

Anything and everything CNC-Shark-related

Moderators: ddw, al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

sharkcutup

Re: Very disappointed!

Post by sharkcutup »

Angelp357

What post processor are you using when you save the tool path???

I have reviewed both the tool path and the .crv file did not see anything out of the ordinary except at the end of the tool path file it looks like the router bit retreats and then plunges again before returning to z.200 then to .800 upon returning to x0, y0. But never throughout the entire tool path have I been able to find where it dives beyond -0.125.

Sharkcutup
V-Carve Pro Tips, Gadget Tips & Videos
YouTube Channel - Sharkcutup CNC
V-Carve Pro 11.554

Angelp357

Post by Angelp357 »

SteveM wrote:Are you using the pendant controller or a P.C.?
When I had my pendant problem with my HD4, I was told that I could run the machine with a P.C. if I didn't want to use the pendant. Now after reading several posts, there seems to be problems when the pendant isn't used. I am sure NWA will get this figured out. I just wish there firmware allowed you the option to use either pendant or P.C. The NWA site says they have found a bug in the new control panel 3 firmware and are now suggesting you only use the pendant to run your projects.
I am also new to CNC and hope you don't get discouraged. The machine seems solid and I am looking forward to being able to make many projects with it.

I looked at the file you posted and I hope someone here figures out the problem for you. I couldn't see a problem, but am to new to assist.

When I leveled my spoil board, the router ran almost 2 hours and worked just fine.
I am using the pendant because after attempting to use my laptop it wouldn't work. Like you I read through the posts and discovered the same so I'm waiting for those issues to be resolved.

cjablonski

Post by cjablonski »

Not of any value to the discussion, but "battle scars" is a perfect term. Purchased mine years ago with no CNC experience ( much improved since then) but.....dam. Them early days......if my shark had hands it would a slapped the .... outta me :D

Glad those days are over
"I'm not smart, I just remain on problems longer"
Albert Einstein

Making many BTU by experimentation. ...some days it gets too warm :)

Kayvon

Post by Kayvon »

Thanks for posting the files. Both the files looks completely fine--no problem there. Sounds like an HD4-specific issue.
sharkcutup wrote:at the end of the tool path file it looks like the router bit retreats and then plunges again before returning to z.200 then to .800 upon returning to x0, y0.
That's expected. The TAP rasters back and forth across the entire board, then it retreats upwards, moves to the corner, and ramp cuts the profile for a smooth edge.
The 0.8" is the starting position, as you'd expect.

Bob

Post by Bob »

Angel,
Here's another thought about that plunge...
Once upon a time when I paused the machine during a cut, then readjusted the Z by only .005, Then resumed the cut, the bit plunged straight down through the board and table. I have not tried this maneuver again. It might never happen again with anyone.
But, were you trying anything like this during the "plunged" cut?
Bob
"Focus"
Antonie Van Leeuwenhoek (Developer of the microscope.)

Angelp357

Post by Angelp357 »

sharkcutup wrote:Angelp357

What post processor are you using when you save the tool path???

I have reviewed both the tool path and the .crv file did not see anything out of the ordinary except at the end of the tool path file it looks like the router bit retreats and then plunges again before returning to z.200 then to .800 upon returning to x0, y0. But never throughout the entire tool path have I been able to find where it dives beyond -0.125.

Sharkcutup
I'm using USB Archs (Inches)

Angelp357

Post by Angelp357 »

Bob wrote:Angel,
Here's another thought about that plunge...
Once upon a time when I paused the machine during a cut, then readjusted the Z by only .005, Then resumed the cut, the bit plunged straight down through the board and table. I have not tried this maneuver again. It might never happen again with anyone.
But, were you trying anything like this during the "plunged" cut?
Bob
I wasn't. I actually walked away from the machine because it appeared to me that everything was going according to the file. Also the reason I was unable to hit the emergency shut off in time to save the table. But that's good to know so I don't do the same.

sharkcutup

Post by sharkcutup »

OKay then I guess as Bob as said it must be an HD4 specific issue cause everything else checks out fine.

May have to contact NWA on it.

Hope you get your problem solved.

Sharkcutup
V-Carve Pro Tips, Gadget Tips & Videos
YouTube Channel - Sharkcutup CNC
V-Carve Pro 11.554

Angelp357

Post by Angelp357 »

Yea, will be contacting them in the morning. Thanks for your help everyone I really appreciate it.

Janettx

Post by Janettx »

Your fuse probably blew, just replace it and all should work again. Your going to cover the bed anyway so other than disappointment all will be fine. I'm guessing it was you didn't set Z up properly is all. :) take a deep breath and just keep on keeping on. I love my shark. I could only wish for a 4x8 bed :) that will be my next machine and if shark has it, then that is where I'll get it.
Good luck!