Welcome to CNC Shark Talk!

Anything and everything CNC-Shark-related

Moderators: ddw, al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

bill z

Re: Welcome to CNC Shark Talk!

Post by bill z »

Jemmy B,

Did you figure out how to fine your open vectors?

If not, here is what I have found. First, I'm using Aspire and it may be a little different.

When closing or joining vectors that eventually form a loop, you have to do one last join to close the loop. See, it will look like it is closed but the last join isn't really there.

If your software has the function to display all open vectors, you will see them even though they appear to be closed. Just click on them and do one more join.

Hope this helps.

JohnApp

Post by JohnApp »

Aloha,
I'm new to CNC programming and routing and would hope to learn where I can purchase great images to make, since I do not know how to program them myself....yet. Is there a place within cncsharktalk or elsewhere that I can view and purchase images. I made the Magnolia available from Vetric.com and it is beautiful. I'd like to attempt other designs with depth like that. I can't afford Aspire but have VCarve Pro. I'd also like to buy the program for a wooden clock that I can make on my Shark
John

bill z

Post by bill z »

Welcome John.

I cannot speak for available images to give or purchase here on Shark Talk. If a image is posted here it should not have any copy rights problems so you should be free to download and use.

From your greeting of Aloha, sounds like you are from Hawaii.

One of the better wood clock designers lives in Hawaii and he sells great clock plans. Several of us on this forum have purchased plans from him. His name is Clayton Boyer. His web page is http://www.lisaboyer.com/Claytonsite/zinniapage1.htm

There are wood clock plans on the internet as PDFs. I do not have VCarve but what I understand, it can import PDFs.

Check out the wood clock thread here in this forum - http://www.cncsharktalk.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4832

It will be great to have another clock builder of the forum.

Again, Welcome.

jperrier0306

New Shark HD 4 user

Post by jperrier0306 »

I am looking for anyone in Northern NJ, NE PA or SE NY that may be able to help me. I am new at the CNC world and the computer. Does any one know of any classes in this area or a person that I can contact to help me with this new learning curve.
Thank you,
James

tonydude

Post by tonydude »

jperrier0306,

Go to http://support.vectric.com/training-material, this is where you can watch and follow along with the tutorials. I still watch them even after doing cnc for 5 yrs.

Tony
Buffalo,NY

"What will matter is not what you bought but what you built; not what you got, but what you gave”

Aspire 11.015, photo vcarve, cnc mako shark extended bed with the new upgraded HD 5 gantry with Led pendent.

red1

Post by red1 »

Thank you. I have been trying to find some info on the CNC Piranha XL. Any info on one will help me make up my mind on buying one.

pletcher

Post by pletcher »

I Teach 8th grade Tech. Ed. class and we just got a CNC Shark I was wondering if there are any lesson plans or curriculum for the shark.

Kayvon

Post by Kayvon »

Welcome to the group, Pletcher! Vectric has some great tutorials for learning the software. Hands on time is extremely useful, too. When you're using the hardware, start simple and be prepared to make mistakes. It's all part of the learning process.
Feel free to ask questions as you go along. We're here to help!

pletcher

Post by pletcher »

Thanks for the welcome Kayvon Is there a way the students can print the job sheet.

Pletcher

Kayvon

Post by Kayvon »

File -> Print