THE NEW MAKO IS HERE!!!

How are other systems alike/different from the Shark?

Moderators: al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

Wolffie1

Re: THE NEW MAKO IS HERE!!!

Post by Wolffie1 »

AAAAHHHH
you are looking for the router clamp :oops:

Cheers
Wolffie

mccammon1

Post by mccammon1 »

Yes we are. Contacted Rockler they are going to request an additional clamp but have been told the aluminum clamp is better?

Wolffie1

Post by Wolffie1 »

mccammon1 wrote:Yes we are. Contacted Rockler they are going to request an additional clamp but have been told the aluminum clamp is better?
YES they are, 100% better.
I made my own and I am very happy with it, no more router slipping in the clamp.

Cheers
Wolffie

mccammon1

Post by mccammon1 »

Thank you for the help. Sent an email Sunday night and waiting on a reply so we can purchase a clamp. Any idea how long it normally takes for him to respond? We have a machine that's sitting useless right now so trying to get it up and running ASAP. ;)

Kevink18

Post by Kevink18 »

The MAKO was a limited time special it is the same as the HD except for the color. It was sold at the end of 2012 withe a router touch plate and the dust boot

kodiak

Post by kodiak »

so is a mako better than a pro plus hd?

tonydude

Post by tonydude »

Kodiak,

Mako is just a limited model that came with added accessories that's all. It's the same as a HD shark pro plus. They don't make the mako anymore, which I have and I bought the extended bed because I wanted to carve longer signs. I just took the gantry off the mako and put it on the extended bed.

tony
Buffalo,NY

"What will matter is not what you bought but what you built; not what you got, but what you gave”

Aspire 11.015, photo vcarve, cnc mako shark extended bed with the new upgraded HD 5 gantry with Led pendent.

lockeb

Post by lockeb »

Could someone tell me if the aluminum gantry upgrade wil fit a Mako? And if it does did it help make the gantry more rigid?

tonydude

Post by tonydude »

lockeb,

Yes I have the aluminum gantry upgrade and it does fit the mako. It's a lot more sturdy plus I wished they would upgrade the sides to aluminum also. The guide rails should be upgraded also. There is a guy on you tube that upgraded his shark to all aluminum. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TSTThLM8s8o&t=729s, I'm going to do this also.

Tony
Buffalo,NY

"What will matter is not what you bought but what you built; not what you got, but what you gave”

Aspire 11.015, photo vcarve, cnc mako shark extended bed with the new upgraded HD 5 gantry with Led pendent.