A esp bust of Albert Einstein

Browse around for inspiration, or share your work to inspire others!

Moderators: al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

basecircle

A esp bust of Albert Einstein

Post by basecircle »

A Einstein esp model
Postby basecircle » Wed May 17, 2017 7:56 pm
Here is a bust of Albert Einstein.I Made from eps Insulation.He stand's 12x8x7.I sliced the model 4pcs of 2in foam.I cut all the slices using a 1/8 Ball end mill.You can really cook cutting this material.I glued the slices together using the Spray foam.Bond's good .Holding each pc together.Using Duc tape.when dry.I cut off the big chunks of the foam.Then believe me.Not much sanding.(This stuff is messy.filled any holes with foam.More sanding.Then I put a primer on.And guess what.More sanding.Now ready for the finish.Two coats of Sculpt Nouveau Bronze Metal coating.The second coat does the magic.I used a fan brush and dry brushed it on.Made a walnut base and used a two epoxi.to glue the bust to the base.I got the Model off of Thingiverse.I cannot remember the guy that did the original .I plan on making one of Ben Franklin.And more. I hope you like it alot of fun running this. Thanks for looking Basecircle.
Attachments
IMAG0069.jpg
IMAG0070.jpg
IMAG0071.jpg

BillK

Re: A esp bust of Albert Einstein

Post by BillK »

That is really cool basecircle. How long did it take to machine? Can't wait to see Ben.
BillK
http://www.Facebook.com/CarvingsbyKurtz
Instagram: carvingsbykurtz
Twitter: @CBKwoodcarver

basecircle

Post by basecircle »

It ran pretty quick.About 2hrs Bill.You know that esp cur's like butter.took longer to mount the stock on the machine,then to cut.You could any material mdf,pine,any wood. Basecircle

tpulley

Post by tpulley »

neat.
HD4 extended, Vcarve pro 8.5, 4th axis, Laser. Learning everyday...