two sided box top

Discussion/questions about software used with your CNC Shark and programming issues

Moderators: al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

gpeck

two sided box top

Post by gpeck »

in order to cut a box top for a box shaped like an apple, i need to have the top layer match up with the lower layer grove that fits in the box. when i tool path my index holes on the top and then mirror them horizontaly on the spoilboard the holes do not match. they are off by about .04.. what may i have done wrong>>>>>>??????

tonydude

Re: two sided box top

Post by tonydude »

Have you watched the tutorials http://support.vectric.com/tutorials/V9 ... ideo_id=51 and other related ones? What program are you using vcarve pro or aspire?

Tony
Buffalo,NY

"What will matter is not what you bought but what you built; not what you got, but what you gave”

Aspire 11.015, photo vcarve, cnc mako shark extended bed with the new upgraded HD 5 gantry with Led pendent.

gpeck

Post by gpeck »

I am useing vcarave pro 8.5.. Does it matter where the index holes are out put on the spoilboard as long as they are a copy of the top?? thanks for any info.. Looks like 9v has some good things in it.

KevinO

Post by KevinO »

gpeck,
You have to make sure that your index holes are symmetrical around x=0, y-o. Otherwise, your top and bottom patterns will not line up properly.
Regards,
Kevin