New Shark HD4

Questions/answers/discussion about initial setup of your CNC Shark

Moderators: al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

Cromag13

New Shark HD4

Post by Cromag13 »

Hi, I just purchased a new Shark HD4, problems from the get go. all the bolts to set up the gantry stripped, had to go buy replacements, received a faulty VFD with my liquid cooled spindle, the Y axis lead screws were not even tight which caused slippage, figured that one out after ruining a piece and now I get lines in my projects, its like the Z axis looses depth. I am currently running Vcarve 8.5, according to my control I am up to date on firmware. Can anyone help me out with what i maybe missing? I have attached images of what is goin on.
Attachments
FB_IMG_1506131227604.jpg

JeffC

Re: New Shark HD4

Post by JeffC »

What bits are you using?

Cromag13

Post by Cromag13 »

1/16. I think i was using the post processor. Not sure

Kayvon

Post by Kayvon »

I wouldn't expect this to be a post processor problem. Looks hardware related to me.

Cromag13

Post by Cromag13 »

I had cut this on my Piranha and I had no issues and that was on VCarve 8.0. Once I upgraded to 8.5 is when I started having issues. I cut a lithophane and it cut deeper in areas on the lithophane, I re-cut it twice and the same thing. I opened the VCarve soft ware I got with the Shark as it had the free upgrade to 9, previously did not open it because I had VCarve already with my Piranha. An dinside it said to save tool paths with Arcs rather, I was using 3d contour. well I will try 9 and see if that solves the issue. but I am not holding my breath.

BillK

Post by BillK »

I saw similar pictures like this that were due to the router clamp slipping. Most solved it by switching to the machined aluminum clamp. Other added a piece of sandpaper between the clamp and router. As you are using the spindle which has a smooth exterior surface, this might be the issue.
BillK
http://www.Facebook.com/CarvingsbyKurtz
Instagram: carvingsbykurtz
Twitter: @CBKwoodcarver

jeb2cav
Site Admin

Post by jeb2cav »

I agree with Bill - your router is slipping. This is not about what software you are using - updates, etc.