Router carriage help.

Discussion about the CNC Shark Pro Plus HD

Moderators: al wolford, sbk, Bob, Kayvon

gpeck

Router carriage help.

Post by gpeck »

I have a black diamond, and I just noticed that I can move the router carriage about .02 " along the X axes by hand. Could it be the T nut? or something else?
Thanks for any info.... Gene

Rando

Re: Router carriage help.

Post by Rando »

GPeck:

When you say "move", do you mean move as in easily slides along the rails? or move as in flexes? If it's the first, typically called backlash, then I'd definitely check those t-nuts. If it's the first, well that my friend is the prime feature of all sharks: they have cartilage, not bone ;-). Flex is good...embrace the flex....

No, wait, flex is bad :D.

To find out if it's backlash, jog a tiny bit with your finger feeling the assembly's movement along the slide. jog and jog until you feel it moving, then jog back the other way. If that first tiny jog the other way doesn't feel any physical movement, then it's almost certainly backlash. And if that's the case, then those T-nuts are definitely the first place to look. Note, however, that blown-out T-nuts usually indicate a somewhat-abused machine that's been run to the end of it's travel, or worse, run into things. Hopefully this issue isn't just the first of many, right?

Hope that helps,

Regards,

Thom
=====================================================
ThomR.com Creative tools and photographic art
A proud member of the Pacific Northwest CNC Club (now on Facebook)

tonydude

Re: Router carriage help.

Post by tonydude »

Check out this page for parts. T-nuts http://shop.nextwaveautomation.com/shop ... -repair/5/

Tony
Buffalo,NY

"What will matter is not what you bought but what you built; not what you got, but what you gave”

Aspire 11.015, photo vcarve, cnc mako shark extended bed with the new upgraded HD 5 gantry with Led pendent.